Product Manager - News Automation AI
New York, NY
Posted Oct 5, 2021 - Requisition No. 95957
News depends on facts and data. Bloomberg provides unparalleled access to billions of data points on every market in real time. So if you love to break news, there's no place that leverages facts, data and technology like Bloomberg news automation.
Our News Product team is expanding and looking for an Automated News Product Manager.
Because your findings will become fully automated, computer-written, instant news stories read by the world’s most sophisticated audience, our product managers have:
- Passion to break news
- Curiosity to dive into vast sets of data
- Desire to interpret deep and complex data sets
- A love of technology
This job requires excellent communication, organization and project management skills. We'll trust you to:
- Develop ideas for new automated stories by analyzing data sets across the Bloomberg terminal, identify trends and spot anomalies to generate new automated stories
- Communicate your findings and work collaboratively with news, product and engineering teams across the company to turn those ideas into roadmaps and project plans that engineering groups will use to create automated news algorithms
- Oversee the product building, testing, release and post-release marketing of your stories
- Constantly improve and enhance automated news stories
You'll need to have:
- 5+ years of project management experience
- Knowledge of financial markets, asset classes and data sources
- Excellent communication and team-building skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to manage complex projects with multiple stakeholders
- Proven ability to meet deadlines, logically tackle problems, and set priorities
We’d love to see:
- Experience working with multiple Engineering/Data teams
- Fluency in multiple technologies/languages
The news automation team is part of Bloomberg’s Core News group, which is responsible for managing content, search and analytics on the Bloomberg Terminal, the information system used worldwide by financial professionals.
If this sounds like you, please apply!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.