ESG Reporter (London)
Posted Oct 5, 2021 - Requisition No. 96123
Bloomberg is looking for experienced reporters to join our expanding ESG team. The successful candidates will break news and write big-picture stories that shine a light into this fast-growing but little understood space. We want to drill down into sustainability claims and highlight greenwashing where we see it. We want to decode and explain the latest regulation for our readers. And we want to help investors understand `ESG Risk' in a world where there is more and more scrutiny of investors’ portfolios. Ultimately, our goal is to chronicle the ESG boom in as clear-eyed a way as possible. Strong data-journalism skills would be a considerable advantage. The successful candidate will work closely with our Green and Equality teams as well as reporters on the Markets, Commodities and Finance desks.
We'll trust you to:
- Deliver accurate and sharp stories under tight deadlines
- Generate analysis covering both fast-paced developments in short format and long-term trends and insights, that don't just focus on the "what happened'' but also on the "why" and "so what"
- Mine the vast amount of available ESG-related data to produce timely and unique content
- Drive coverage and insight into the fast-changing regulatory environment, particularly in Asia
You'll need to have:
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Reporting experience covering financial markets or companies
- Strong work ethic, ability to work steadily and calmly under pressure
- Robust attention to detail
- A collaborative team spirit and the drive to innovate and experiment
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org