Strategic Accounts Manager
Posted Oct 5, 2021 - Requisition No. 96148
Green Markets, a Bloomberg Company, offers an exciting opportunity for an experienced Strategic Accounts Manager to join a growing market research team.
Bloomberg, the global business and financial information and news leader, gives influential decision makers a critical edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas. The company’s strength – delivering data, news and analytics through innovative technology, quickly and accurately – is at the core of the Bloomberg Terminal. Bloomberg’s enterprise solutions build on the company’s core strength: leveraging technology to allow customers to access, integrate, distribute and manage data and information across organizations more efficiently and effectively.
For over 40 years, Green Markets has improved the performance of companies across commodity product value chains. By creating market transparency, Green Markets enables professionals to make more informed decisions and improve company performance. Green Markets has recently expanded its industry coverage. Through a variety of new product offerings, the business will provide detailed insight on product pricing trends and market conditions in growing and influential markets across the globe. These price reports are sold to market participants in the respective industries including product manufacturers, distributors, and end-users.
This position is offered as remote-located, or can be located at any Bloomberg office location in the U.S.
The Strategic Accounts Manager is primarily responsible for generating new sales of Green Markets industrial commodity price reports across a variety of market sectors that could include either steel, paper, industrial gas, rail freight or others. Utilizing sales skills such as lead development, ongoing prospect engagement, pipeline management and the ability to close transactions, the Strategic Accounts Manager’s goal is to generate new subscription sales and, over time, manage a growing customer portfolio.
The Strategic Accounts Manager will regularly engage with peer salespeople, business managers and market analysts to develop and deploy market engagement strategies that build new relationships and support new client acquisition.
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated individual with the ability to develop a strong network for analysts and salespeople within different industries. The role requires learning about and understanding the nuances of individual markets, identifying key market participants, engaging directly with these participants, and designing appropriate subscription programs to meet usage needs.
We’ll trust you to:
- Engage with prospective customers by, primarily, outbound telephone sales efforts. Other engagement through the use of email will also be necessary.
- Create engagement opportunities by effectively managing leads and prospects; understand the value position of products and services as they relate to the respective market segment and prioritize accordingly.
- Promptly respond to customer inquiries; handle and resolve customer issues.
- Track sales activities that generate visibility into sales activities, sales cycle, and lead generation effectiveness.
- Provide sales estimates, submit customer contracts and sales orders for processing by legal department and product fulfillment.
- Support business by organizing sales activities according to directed strategy.
- Contribute to prospecting efforts when information provided is inadequate.
- Maintain adequate level of sales revenue tracked against quota and/or sales objectives.
- Contribute the client perspective and market needs to direct the success of the company.
- Contribute to all budgeting and forecasting processes associated with sales activity.
You’ll need to have:
- Demonstrable success in B-to-B sales, especially in business information products.
- Experience and strong track record in solution selling.
- Superior verbal and written communications skills, a proven track record of sales achievement, personnel management skills, and PC skills.
- High production level of sales activities, primarily via telephone.
- Expertise in sales techniques (both strategic and tactical) and high skill level in customer relationship management and engagement.
- Demonstrable capability and experience in account management/sales force automation software.
- Strong organizational, administrative and time-management skills.
- The ability to work independently to achieve your goals.
- Willingness to proactively develop effective, trusted working relationships with members of management and peers within the organization.
- Skilled in establishing, developing and maintaining key customer relationships across all levels of authority.
- Willingness to continually educate oneself in the prospective market dynamics.
- Associate or Bachelor degree and/or equivalent work-related experience.
- Experience with salesforce automation software; NetSuite preferred.
- Ability for minimal travel required to domestic and international trade events.
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.