Senior Art Director, Bloomberg Studio
New York, NY
Posted Oct 8, 2021 - Requisition No. 96306
We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. We bring out the best in each other. And through our countless volunteer projects, we help bring out the best in the communities around us, too! You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
The Bloomberg Marketing Studio is Bloomberg's in-house content, creative and digital marketing group. Working on assignments for print, digital, environmental, interactive and broadcast projects, the Studio has writing, design, production and content capabilities. We drive projects across the full spectrum of Bloomberg, both internally and externally. We work across a global workflow, with staff in major Bloomberg offices.
The Bloomberg Studio is looking for a dedicated Senior Art Director to build outstanding brand concepts, design systems and activations across the Bloomberg brand ecosystem. You will work on a team of passionate designers and art directors who report to the Design Director leading all aspects of the Design Team in New York.
You will collaborate with specialized teams to define our brand experiences across print, digital, motion and experiential. You are a self-starting conceptual designer who brings original ideas and a fresh, stylish approach to each project. You also are a versatile contributor, someone who is comfortable partnering and problem solving with other designers, animators and copywriters, but have the hands-on design experience to implement your own concepts when necessary.
Who you are and what you can do:
- Develop and complete branding projects to the highest level.
- Build and implement design systems across all Bloomberg brands.
- An integrated problem solver who is able to create and roll out multi-channel campaigns in partnership with copywriters, art directors and designers globally.
- Experience in the design and art direction of large scale branding efforts, cohesive campaigns, and content marketing.
- A strong sense of style, excellent skills in typography, photography, and video.
- Create within a defined but dynamic visual/brand system, as well as building new design systems from the bottom-up.
- A hands-on creative who is able to execute their own designs in production.
- An eloquent communicator that can receive and interpret complex briefs, present ideas creatively and effectively.
- Problem solver, solution oriented, self-sufficient.
Key skills and experience:
- 8+ years experience in a similar role within a company or agency. NOTE Exception could be made on amount (number of years) of experience based on quality of candidate’s creative examples
- A portfolio and website examples that demonstrate comprehensive understanding of brand expressions, multi-platform campaigns, design strategy and technical capabilities.
- Proficiency working in Adobe Creative Suite, with a focus in Photoshop, Illustrator and Indesign. Knowledge of Sketch, Canva or Figma a plus.
- Degree in Marketing, Graphic Design, Digital Media Design, Visual, Fine or Commercial Arts, Art Design or related field preferred.
- Industrial and environmental design experience, knowledge of motion graphics and interaction design, skills in art direction and experience directing shoots, are all a plus.
- Detailed understanding of print and collateral design and production processes and interactive communications and delivery systems as well as industry standard methodologies required.
- Proven track record both as an individual contributor and a creative lead on a project level
- Understanding of client communication; excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Able to balance multiple projects simultaneously
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.