Bloomberg Intelligence - Equity Analyst - Industrials/Capital Goods
Posted Oct 11, 2021 - Requisition No. 96325
Companies are the backbone of the stock and bond markets. Bloomberg Intelligence ("BI") conducts in-depth research on large and midsize companies to help stock and bond investors effectively evaluate those companies. We analyze the unique attributes of each business, how it competes against other companies in its industry and how the business strategies and successes translate into financial results. Our analysts also research the technology, regulation, litigation and economies that will shape the environment for these companies and the related industry impact.
BI research is a combination of written analysis accompanied by interactive charting and analytics created from company reported data as well as industry and government data. Analysts review, check and curate this data into comprehensive and logically arranged dashboards to support their own research and to provide Bloomberg Terminal users a platform to view and analyze the data as well.
What's in it for you:
You would be part of an expanding team responsible for conducting analysis on a periodic and topical basis and authoring research on companies within the industrial conglomerates and machinery industries. You are entrusted to deliver high quality and timely content while also growing our data offering.
We'll trust you to:
- Leverage your knowledge of the industrials/capital goods sector to actively create research on a regular basis.
- Monitor and interpret major company developments and identify macro themes and trends affecting the industries.
- Manage earnings cycle, including previews and reviews.
- Work closely with our global team of Bloomberg Intelligence analysts and strategists located in Tokyo, Hong Kong, Singapore and New York to coordinate and collaborate on analysis.
- Develop and maintain relationships with investors, industry and market professionals, investor relations personnel, and senior management at target companies.
- Work with Global Data teams to ensure data completeness and quality control for existing and new data sets of target companies.
You need to have:
- Extensive sell-side or buy-side Research Analyst experience preferred.
- Deep knowledge of the industrials/capital goods sector
- Experience interpreting financial statements and performing quantitative financial analysis
- Knowledge of advanced concepts, practices, and procedures of finance and accounting.
- Excellent oral communication and presentation skills
- Self-starter, independent thinker and collaborative team player.
- Strong organisational skills and capable of handling multiple projects.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
We'd love to see:
- CFA designation is preferred.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match and we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps. In the meantime, check out http://www.bloomberg.com/professional/bloomberg-intelligence/.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or email@example.com