Project/Process Infrastructure Manager (Contract)
New York, NY
Posted May 19, 2022 - Requisition No. 96329
Are you well-versed in emerging datacenter-level compute technologies?
Bloomberg is seeking an experienced Project/Process Manager to help drive large-scale, multi- datacenter technology projects within our Infrastructure Operations Services department. This group is responsible for creating and establishing processes around hardware-centric project rollouts from inception to conclusion. The Process Management team is responsible for streamlining these processes and managing roadblocks to support very-large technology provisioning efforts that are the foundation for Bloomberg’s products and services.
What’s in it for you:
This is a unique opportunity to help the team that is at the forefront of processes adoption and procedures that power the future of Bloomberg's 20,000-servers strong infrastructure. We’ll trust you to have outstanding planning and processing skills to manage complex, firm-critical initiatives that span thousands of datacenter-tiered servers and storage arrays. The PM team will help define and streamline major efforts in hardware installations, builds, migrations, maintenance and decommissions of all non-desktop equipment within the Bloomberg datacenters and remote sites around the world.
We'll trust you to:
- Assist in planning and coordinating major infrastructure (non-desktop) projects within a matrixed organization of hardware and application software engineers
- Foster accountability with clear progress reporting based on a deep understanding of where barriers to execution exist
- Provide clear transparency to our stakeholders and management as it relates to project status
- Partner with Agile development teams to help develop and track project roadmaps that optimize and streamline each step of the implementation process
You need to have:
- 3-5 years of experience managing large-scale, mid-tier, datacenter-resident implementation projects within a IT Operations setting
- 2-3 years experience working with Agile development practices to manage infrastructure projects
- Demonstrated outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to take ownership and responsibility of issues and handle them effectively to resolution
- Understanding of compute and network technology with ability to communicate to both engineers and non-engineers without losing critical details
We'd love to see:
- Experience related to compute migration, maintenance & build process management
- Talent creating detailed presentations to share status of many projects with a highly engaged executive audience
- Marketing skills ensuring your projects have visibility and measurable success.
- Previous history of success at a technology company with multiple, large-capacity datacenters
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.