Index Production Analyst
Posted Oct 12, 2021 - Requisition No. 96370
Bloomberg is a leading provider of financial benchmarks and custom index services. This includes investment and market analysis of both alpha and beta sources, portfolio benchmarking and performance measurement, asset allocation, and the creation of index tracking funds and index-based structured products.
Our beta/benchmark platform, Bloomberg Index Services Ltd (BISL) is the leading provider of fixed income, inflation-linked, and swaps indices offering unmatched market coverage and a full suite of customized client solutions for benchmarking and informational needs! The BISL platform also includes a diverse family of alpha generating strategy indices that offer quick and easy access to outperformance sources and a quantitative way to express investment strategies, in markets that would otherwise be difficult to access. Index products are available across multiple asset classes including equities, fixed income, FX, commodities, derivatives, and alternative investments.
What is the role?
You will be responsible for managing all aspects of the daily production processes of the various BISL index families within the EMEA region. Reporting to the EMEA/APAC Index Production TL, you will ensure that index data is calculated and published accurately and on time every day. You will work with the Client Index Services teams to ensure client needs are met in an efficient and timely manner. You will work with the Change Management and Engineering teams to design and build the tools and technology required for the aforesaid tasks.
We’ll trust you to:
- Run daily production tasks, responding to events raised in the index monitoring console
- Become a subject matter expert in multiple asset classes, related data and indices (global equities, commodities, currencies, etc.)
- Perform index rebalance evaluations, including analysis of membership inclusions and omissions
- Work with both our clients and internal partners in response to index data related queries
- Work closely with the Index Change Management and Client Services teams, and the Engineering team, to develop workflows, quality assurance processes and product improvements
You will be expected to:
- Have strong data and quantitative analysis skills
- Have Strong operational and process management skills
- Be able to analyse a problem on the fly, in real time, with limited information, and determine a valid and helpful course of action
- Be able to identify and communicate the key points of information to partners and stakeholders—clearly, completely, and concisely—under pressure
- Be able to quickly understand and learn the Benchmark and Strategy Index businesses, and their role within the capital markets
- Be enthusiastic about learning complex business and technology processes and actively contributing to their evolution
- Be self-motivated, with the ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Be able to interact and communicate effectively with our clients
- Have excellent attention to detail
- Be dedicated to quality
You’ll need to have:
- Excellent problem solving and communications skills
- Knowledge of financial markets and products (Index)
We’d love to see:
- Technology skills (Python & SQL)
- Eagerness to learn and work in a challenging, complex, dynamic, high pressure environment
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org