Client Service Consultant
Posted Oct 14, 2021 - Requisition No. 96433
Bloomberg Data Management Services delivers the world’s foremost Data Utility to the Financial Markets. Our clients experience immediate improvement in Data Quality, Operational Process & Control, Reaction to Change and Data Governance when they on-board to our Private Cloud - Hosted Service.
Why Bloomberg Data Management Services?
At Bloomberg Data Management Services, You’ll have the opportunity to go above and beyond as well as work on interesting challenging projects with a number of key partners both internally and externally. We are passionate about people who are excited by innovation, who care about our customers and want to help us achieve our mission to “Simplify Data Management”. If this sound like you. We’d love to hear from you.
What is Bloomberg Data Management Services? Click on the link https://vimeo.com/191984727 and see for yourself!
We’ll trust you to:
- Lead the delivery of all Bloomberg Data Management Services(BDMS) On-boarding activities both internally and externally in accordance with contracted service dedications
- Own the overall vision of the BDMS service to be provided
- Responsible for the definition of the tasks/activities and the approach to the delivery
- Be the main point of contact for the Client and act as the point for escalation
- Learning the BDMS product and its configurable components
- Working with the Sales, Lead Business, Product and Technical resources to analyse requirements and support the requirements through to delivery
- Work collaboratively with the Project Manager in the dynamic planning process – prioritising the work that needs to be done against the capacity and capability of the team
- Combine your functional and business knowledge to analyse customer business processes and system environment
- Managing and/or executing hands-on configuration of the BDMS solution
- Integration with other Bloomberg services and divisions in order to deliver the complete solution to the Client
- Communicate BDMS’s capabilities and limitations to Clients
- Drive discovery workshops; facilitate large audience discussions and present solutions
- Perform rapid analysis and decomposition of complex business information into functional user stories, epics and components
You’ll need to have:
- Extensive experience in a customer service delivery role
- Strong technology background with significant business experience within the Financial Services Capital Markets/Asset Management sectors
- Business applications delivery experience preferably but not exclusively within a consultancy practice
- Experience of programming languages (e.g. Python) a distinct advantage
- Experience configuring a micro service environment
- Experience with XSD and Xquery
- Strong presentation and confirmed customer-facing skills
- Experience of delivering Managed Services for Enterprise Financial applications
- Demonstrable ability to deliver in a challenging, complex and diverse environment
- Knowledge of Vendor Pricing and Reference Data Feeds (Bloomberg, Refinitiv, IDC, SIX Telekurs, S&P, Fitch, Moody's etc.)
- Excellent negotiation, influence, mediation and conflict management skills
- Ability to work in a process-driven high demand environment
- Ability to be flexible and work analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous activities across different business activities.
- Delivery focus
- Can effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing, with different audiences
- Experience of Agile development principles and practices
- Experience of the following peripheral tools:
Issue Tracking (Jira), Wiki (Confluence), Source Code Management (Git), Build (Maven/ Ant)
experience in the use of metadata languages (YAML, JSON and XML)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear. Please apply by following the link.