Procure to Pay Representative (12 Month Contract)
Posted Oct 14, 2021 - Requisition No. 96452
The energy of a newsroom, the pace of a trading floor, the buzz of a recent tech breakthrough; we work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. And through our countless volunteer projects, we also help network with the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen!
Based in London and providing global support, the Procure to Pay team is responsible for end-to-end vendor inquiry management, assisting with PO receipts, handling invoicing inquiries from both vendors and internal partners and coordinating RMA requests. We are dedicated to supporting all business areas and key partners across the company.
We are looking for a motivated, proactive, self-starting, analytical, problem solver to join our fast-paced environment. You will need to be very detail oriented, enjoy interacting with a diverse group of people from the Business, Suppliers and Accounts Payable, but also can work well independently and handle your own queue of work. You always ensure due diligence and controls are upheld during the entire supplier creation and maintenance lifecycle. You are not be afraid to challenge the status quo and seek to not only solve sophisticated problems but do so with risk mitigation in mind. You strive to always do the right thing to protect Bloomberg and our clients. You thrive in a team environment and take time to really understand what the customer needs.
We'll trust you to:
- Combine your Excel and data analysis skills with your strong relationship building abilities to understand our partners, priorities, and goals
- Collaborate with Supplier Onboarding, Procurement and Accounts Payables to resolve vendor inquiries
- Handle vendors and related inquiries, adhering to department results, and perform KYC reviews
- Triage Level 1 and Level 2 tickets for Accounts Payable, Procurement and Supplier Onboarding
- Manage invoice related inquiries including releasing invoices for payment, updating vendor master records, adjusting tax discrepancies
- Handle Procurement Operations related inquiries including material creation, reversing service entry sheets, and confirming goods receipts
- Effectively implement established operational control and interact autonomously with functional business partners to understand supplier requirements
- Work independently and collaboratively with the global team to provide the highest level of customer service to all our partners (i.e. vendors, Procurement, Supplier Onboarding, Business Units, Accounts Payable, Risk teams)
- Actively encourage/reinforce the use of self-service options to our internal and external partners
You'll need to have:
- Experience in Accounting, Finance, Compliance or related field or equivalent experience in the Procure To Pay domain
- Experience excelling in an operational role and managing large ticket queues while maintaining excellent customer service and timely/relevant updates to clients and partners
- SAP and/or Ariba proficiency, and the ability to handle fast paced timelines for multiple, simultaneous, high-exposure initiatives
- Proficiency with presenting large data set analysis to business partners
- Excellent communication skills; proven professional, tactful problem solving, business writing and presentation skills with personal presence to provide constructive feedback to corporate decision makers around process, policy, and technology improvements
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.