San Francisco, CA
Posted Oct 14, 2021 - Requisition No. 96461
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. We work hard, and we work fast — while keeping up the creativity and entrepreneurialism we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time.
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning television, digital, magazine, radio and live event platforms across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is growing its global footprint and reach through new innovations from Quicktake to New Economy to our rapidly growing consumer subscription business.
Bloomberg is seeking a journalist to join its North American Transport team and chart the explosive growth in startups as the automotive industry transitions to alternative fuel-powered and self-driving vehicles. This role is for an ambitious reporter with source-development and writing chops who's looking to make their mark by breaking news about financing plans, personnel changes and technology innovations.
The successful candidate will have a demonstrated ability to find and deliver scoops on a range of emerging companies and to follow up with enterprise features. We also expect you'll collaborate with reporters across the broader auto and tech landscapes to land exclusive stories.
You’ll need to have:
- A minimum of 3-5 years of recent reporting experience, preferably in financial journalism
- Experience working at a real-time news service
- Working knowledge of financial markets and corporate balance sheets
- Willingness to experiment with different forms of story telling including videos, podcasts and data visualization
- Fluency in both spoken and written English
- Strong work ethic, ability to work steadily and calmly under pressure
- Robust attention to detail
- A collaborative team spirit and the drive to innovate and experiment
If this sounds like you:
Apply today! If we believe you’re a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.