AV Events & Operations- Team Leader
New York, NY
Posted Oct 15, 2021 - Requisition No. 96498
Bloomberg is a fast-paced environment that values transparency, innovation, and productivity. Our products are fueled by robust information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients around the clock - from around the world.
Workplace Operations & Supply Chain is a global function that focuses on the employee experience and delivering the right capabilities to empower our workforce. With over 20,000 employees across 176 offices around the world - collaboration is crucial. An integral part of the Workplace Operations & Supply chain operation is the Global Audio Visual Operations Team. The AV team supports the institutional collaboration technology and delivers outstanding service during events. Our service offerings fall into five distinct categories: Event Technology, UC Collaboration, AV Infrastructure, AV Design / Build Management, and Digital Signage. We facilitate real-time face-to-face interactions and connect decision-makers with information - allowing business to happen anywhere. We are vital to the firm’s scalability and provide the communication tools to achieve commercial and product development goals.
We are looking for a New York-based Team Leader to develop and lead the Americas Audio Visual Operations team. You will be responsible for developing and directing a team of +10 individuals to support the operation. As a people leader, there is an emphasis on developing and a focus on career development. You will manage workload and escalations and facilitate tasks via ticketing systems, dashboards, and the Bloomberg terminal. This role is an opportunity to fully own the growth and development of the team and drive operational success for all AV activities.
We'll trust you to:
- Lead and develop a team of high performing individuals, driving adherence to SLAs and performance metrics through coaching and feedback
- Provide tailored coaching that improves individual productivity and performance
- Partner with the technical director and coordinator to ensure the team is appropriately structured to complete events successfully
- Collaborate and build robust relationships with other teams across Support Operations, including our end-users and customer business units
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities for their teams to guide professional career development discussions
- Drive team delivery of best-in-class customer service levels of customer service
- Ensure team stays in compliance with Bloomberg standards
You'll need to have:
- Strong people leadership skills with the ability to empower, coach, and develop your team
- Proficiency in AV technologies and a solid understanding of video conferencing tools
- The subject matter expertise to set up, test, calibrate, and commission equipment and devices as required to build a fully functional AV system
- Experience in driving end-to-end successful event delivery
- Operate optimally in a global landscape and have the dedication to move towards standardization and continuous improvement of processes
- Articulate ideas in user-friendly language to non-technical employees
We’d love to see:
- Experience leading a team or program, or demonstrated people management and organizational change skills
- Agile and product development environment experience
- Exposure working in an operational capacity, particularly a customer service or experience-oriented team
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.