Asia Transport Reporter - Singapore
Posted Oct 18, 2021 - Requisition No. 96526
Bloomberg News is seeking a strong reporter experienced in covering the business of transport to join our team focused on the sector in Asia. As air travel emerges from its pandemic paralysis, the successful candidate will be expected to break news on deals, M&A and other developments in that industry. They'll have an existing network of sources, particularly in Singapore where a number of the top aviation suppliers are based, and will work with other reporters in the region to be all over the Asia airlines story. This position will also have an eye to the electric-vehicle space in Asia, particularly in China, with the remit including big-picture stories on the revolution under way in cars and for Bloomberg's Hyperdrive vertical on the future of transport.
We’ll trust you to:
- Be able to both break news and write wider analysis
- Have a sound knowledge of the transport sector and its facets in Asia
- Thrive in a team environment
You’ll need to have:
- A minimum of 5 years of recent experience working in financial journalism
- Experience working at a real-time news service
- Experience covering the transport sector as a reporter
- An existing and proven source network
- Fluency in both spoken and written English
- The ability to meet deadlines consistently and manage competing demands
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer.
Please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing email@example.com.