Metals & Mining Reporter - Singapore
Posted Oct 18, 2021 - Requisition No. 96547
Bloomberg News is looking for a creative and flexible reporter to cover the global iron ore industry. The successful candidate will work within the our commodities group to break news and write big-picture stories on the evolution of the iron ore and steel industries, with a particular focus on China and ESG issues.
We're looking for someone with an eye for stories no one else is telling in an often opaque beat, and the versatility to write and package material for a variety of platforms including the Bloomberg terminal, Web, Bloomberg Businessweek and QuickTake video.
We expect you to be collaborative, as stories often intersect markets, government and environment. Good sourcing and a proactive approach to covering news are key qualifications for a beat that is centered in Asia but has a global reach.
We'll trust you to:
- Break news on companies, markets and trends
- Deliver accurate stories under tight deadlines
- Generate analysis covering both fast-paced developments in short format, as well as trends and insights in long-form stories
- Work seamlessly and proactively with teams across regions and departments
- Be innovative and creative in writing and formatting stories
You'll need to have:
- A minimum of 5 years of recent experience working in financial journalism
- Experience working at a real-time news service
- Experience covering metals markets or commodities as a reporter
- The ability to write clearly, quickly and accurately in English, often under time pressure
- Fluency in both spoken and written English and Mandarin as the role requires to be in touch with key sources in China
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer.
Please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.