Bloomberg Intelligence - ESG Integration Analyst - EMEA
Posted Oct 19, 2021 - Requisition No. 96585
Bloomberg Intelligence (BI) provides Terminal users with in-depth analysis, commentary and data sets on over 135 industries and 2,000 companies across ten major sectors - as well as the government, credit and litigation factors that impact decision making.
Research that generates creative investment ideas and simplifies strategic and financing recommendations - by investment professionals, for investment professionals. That's intelligence our clients can count on.
Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) research and data has become crucial for our clients – complementing deeper intelligence than conventional financial analysis. By helping to integrate ESG concepts and data across Bloomberg Intelligence’s research we can help clients gain insight into the potential direction of a company, industry, or market.
We are looking for a sharp, energetic and highly-motivated research analyst to join our global Bloomberg Intelligence team based in London. You would be a core member of a team, focusing on the Integration of ESG across Bloomberg Intelligence.
The role offers a challenging and exciting opportunity to shape the future of ESG-related finance.
We'll trust you to:
- Translate pressing ESG issues into finance-related metrics that inform the investment decisions of the world’s largest investors and develop and drive research and models
- Leverage your ESG knowledge to work with Bloomberg Intelligence analysts across verticals to integrate ESG data and concepts into their research, with a particular focus on Bloomberg’s ESG scores.
- Train industry data specialists and associates to empower them collect and update ESG data for subsequent research iterations.
- Help develop and maintain industry-specific materiality frameworks for Bloomberg’s Environmental and Social scores and assist with scores reviews and methodologies.
- Lead industry reports that track and aggregate ESG-related research being produced across Bloomberg Intelligence.
- Contribute to and develop thematic research capturing key ESG themes across companies, industries and markets.
- Lead the promotion of our integrated approach to our clients hosting webinars and other events
- Publish monthly reprots featuring the best ESG research across the entire EMEA Bloomberg Intelligence teams
- Contribute to the development of engaging yet automated ESG research
You'll need to have:
- ESG research experience, with exposure to ESG fundamental analysis.
- Strong knowledge of ESG reporting frameworks and the ability to examine financial materiality associated with ESG issues, and the metrics used to measure performance.
- Understanding of key scientific, policy, and market developments that continue to shape ESG investing.
- Understanding of financial markets and analysis
- Demonstrated experience interpreting financial statements and performing quantitative financial analysis.
- Primary research and writing skills.
- Ability to be a self-starter, independent-thinker, and collaborative team-player.
- Working knowledge of the Bloomberg Terminal.
We'd love to see:
- Master's degree or advanced certification such as a CFA charterholder.
How we’ll support you:
- Coaching, support and encouragement from experts in your team
- Access to a wide range of learning opportunities to support your growth and development
- Customizable learning journeys to help you navigate your professional development
- Transparent performance-based compensation schemes
- D&I Communities & Networks: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/values/diversity-and-inclusion/
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or email@example.com