2022 Data Specialist Early Professional Program - Singapore (June 2022 Training Class)
Posted Oct 21, 2021 - Requisition No. 96726
Bloomberg runs on data, and data drives the market. Our Global Data team acquires and supplies this data to our clients. Teams work collaboratively to collect, analyse, process and publish the data which is the backbone of our iconic Bloomberg Terminal - the data ultimately feeding and moving the financial markets.
As a Data Specialist you will play a critical role in processing and analysing data, handling workflow processes to solve client problems, and providing superior customer service. This may include monitoring industry events and executing upon a variety of projects aimed at improving the timeliness, accuracy, and quality of our data. Data Specialists also provide support for internal and external clients that consume the data so you will be required to collaborate with multiple teams across the firm, making the role diverse and providing an opportunity for continuous learning.
We’ll trust you to:
- Extract and rationalise data to Bloomberg taxonomies in accordance with established methodologies
- Provide in-depth customer support to users of Bloomberg data products such by resolving inquiries in a timely manner
- Procure content to support best-in-class coverage of the data set
- Perform quality control to ensure data accuracy by inspecting Bloomberg data values and comparing them to source documents
- Codify market conventions and/or data relationships into business rules for data validation
- Perform incident management, from troubleshooting and root cause analysis to overall problem management
- Utilise subject-matter-expertise to set and maintain methodologies for data management
- Analyse internal processes to identify opportunities for improvement, as well as devise and implement innovative solutions
- Participate in ad hoc projects to optimize processes and/or improve the quality of the data set
- Report on results of on-going operations and projects, as required
This is an entry level role that you’ll need to have:
- The ability to join a training class in June 2022
- Up to 5 years work experience
- Experience in the financial markets along with the aspiration to work in the financial/fintech services industry
- Experience in a client facing/stakeholder management/consulting role
- A demonstrated capability in data management, data processing, data analysis, and associated tools & technologies
- Proficiency with Microsoft Applications, particularly Excel
- Eagerness to learn and collaborate with teams across regions and products
- Solid attention to detail and experience in problem solving
- Ability to think creatively and provide solutions which improves process efficiency
- Resilience to learn and adapt quickly in a dynamic fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate effectively and articulate thought process clearly
- Business proficiency and fluency in English
We’d love to see:
- A financial products specialization in areas such as Fixed income, FX, M&A etc
- Interest in and aptitude for technology
- Exposure to Bloomberg products such as the Professional Service
- Project management skills and/or experience
- Solid understanding of VBA and/or SQL
Does this sound like you?
This is an entry level role. Apply if you think we're a good match. Please note this is a two stage application process, following the submission of your candidate details you will receive an email with directions to complete an online assessment. Your application will not be complete until you have submitted the assessment.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate and are inclusive of age, disability, colour, gender, gender identity, marital status, national origin, race, religion and belief, parental or caring status, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, sexual orientation, veteran status.
As Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer, please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.