Social Media Strategist (Contractor)
New York, NY
Posted Oct 21, 2021 - Requisition No. 96730
The Bloomberg Marketing Studio is our in-house content, creative and digital marketing group. Our team is responsible for storytelling on behalf of brands; whether we’re helping our clients learn about our product offerings, depicting the incredible ways we give back globally through Bloomberg Philanthropies, or crafting a visual narrative that gives a prospective candidate a sense of what it’s like to work here!
We’re looking for a results-oriented social strategist with passion for using social media to drive business outcomes. You understand how to build coordinated and comprehensive marketing strategies sought at both attracting prospective clients, as well as engaging our existing audience. We’ll trust you to use data insights to evolve our social strategy and increase the impact of our messaging for our business.
We’ll also trust you to:
- Develop and implement purposeful, measurable social media campaigns, coordinating with international colleagues
- Embed business-line marketing programs, public relations, event marketing into our social strategy
- Adapt and improve our programmatic features with agility to capitalize on changing market conditions
- Author posts on all content and social channels such as Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram
- Ensure that our social content is calendarized and represents a cohesive brand aesthetic and voice
- Monitor the success of campaigns as well as sentiment and user interactions across social channels
- Use data insights and KPIs to understand and improve engagement, and to present results to clients
- Design and implement paid social campaigns, handling budgets and optimizing spend
- Set up A/B testing to identify standard methodologies for content types and distribution channels
- Champion the power of social media marketing internally, evangelizing efforts and success stories
- Cultivate a culture of innovation and creativity, and approach challenges with a can-do demeanor
You'll need to have:
- 7 years of proven experience using performance marketing to engage and understand audiences
- Deep knowledge and expertise of social media - owned, earned and paid
- Experience with campaign creation, tracking, tagging, testing, and marketing analytics across platforms and tools such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Google, etc.
- Experience with social media aggregator tools (Khoros, Sprinklr, Hootsuite, Sprout Social)
- Intimate experience with digital marketing concepts, specifically social, web, and email
- Eloquent and compelling communication whether you are in person or online
- Passion for what you do and for working as a global multinational team
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.