Senior Funds Data Specialist
New York, NY
Posted Oct 22, 2021 - Requisition No. 96805
Bloomberg’s Funds Data product is looking for an individual with experience in the asset management and/or funds market data space to join its growing team of market experts and technologists in New York tasked with building up Bloomberg’s funds database. There are over half a million funds in the industry, each with various structures and characteristics to meet the unique needs of investors such as portfolio diversification, liquidity and regulatory requirements, sustainable investing, and more. As a Senior Data Specialist on the Funds Data team, you’ll spend time meeting with players within the funds industry to build relationships, understand industry trends and identify new data sources while working alongside business managers, technologists and the data sourcing team to ensure that the funds database has the data to power Bloomberg Terminal functions and support the needs of its users, evolving the product where necessary with new fields and datasets.
We'll trust you to:
- Leverage your industry experience to identify new data sources and help drive new product developments while staying on top of industry trends
- Speak with funds in the industry to onboard data to Bloomberg's Fund Manager Database
- Maintain a constant presence in the industry through networking and leading at conferences and events
- Work with Bloomberg Sales and News teams to showcase new content and analyses derived from Bloomberg's Fund Manager Database to current and potential clients
Serve as a subject matter expert to technical partners to drive product vision and innovate across Bloomberg's product offering
You'll need to have:
- BA/BS in Business, Finance, Accounting, Computer Science, Economics, Political Science
- Minimum 6 years experience working within the asset management or market data industries
- Knowledge of the funds industry and its product and key player types
- Excellent written, communication, and presentation skills
- Strong organization skills with ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- A high-level proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Growing interest in the world of data and using data to drive actions
- Legal authorization to work full-time in the United States and will not require visa sponsorship now or in the future
We'd love to see:
- Master's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, MBA, or related field preferred/CFA or CAIA designation
- Interest in information technology, data modeling and statistical analysis or computer programming (for example knowledge of SQL, Python, Regex, JSON)
- Previous work experience with the Bloomberg Terminal
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.