Logistics and Supply Chain Representative
Posted Nov 8, 2021 - Requisition No. 96824
Bloomberg provides the power of information and technology to bring clarity to a complex world. A global financial information and news leader that provides influential decision makers a critical edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of information, people, and ideas. The company delivers data, news and analytics through innovative technology and provides real time financial information to subscribers globally.
In a career at Bloomberg, you will play a vital role in making it all happen. You will be joining a dynamic team, with a real passion for providing exceptional customer service in a fast-paced environment. We are a global business with a truly diverse workforce. We pride ourselves on being open, inclusive, and collaborative; providing a work environment that inspires our employees to be their best.
As a Bloomberg Supply Chain professional, you have two critical focus areas: to provide an outstanding hands-on logistics service to a broad range of clients and ensure effective management of various supply chain / logistics workflows.
As a Logistics and Supply Chain Representative , you will play a key role as an expert in all aspects of Bloomberg’s international trade requirements, including domestic and international shipping, trade compliance and vendor management.
You will identify and drive process improvements. You are hardworking and willing to inspire change, challenge current working processes through operational understanding and data insight. Continuously assess current practices and strive to improve delivery processes through experience and recommendations to leadership.
We'll trust you to:
- Work as part of the EMEA Logistics Team with a deep understanding of International Trade, Compliance and Distribution requirements
- Optimize modes of transport, routes, and supply chain network to handle lead-time and cost while maintaining customers on time delivery expectations.
- Demonstrate a proven understanding of IATA Dangerous Goods regulations, Incoterms, Carnets, -Record-keeping obligations and an understanding of Export Controls
- Handle the EMEA distribution activities ensuring compliance with country/ product documentation and regulatory requirements
- Acquire pre-shipment Certificates of Conformity, lead all aspects of external inspections, and prepare shipment documentation including invoices, Certificates of Origin, etc. as required
- Perform the logistics processes related to our international and domestic shipping on SAP and vendor platforms
- Supervise shipments to delivery throughout the region and provide timely updates to customers
- Actively own the EMEA Customs Clearance events for live shipments
- Develop and use dashboards to highlight relevant insights to drive operational efficiency
- Experience of working in an environment of constant change and be able to learn new processes and technologies quickly
You need to have:
- Operational supply chain experience within a Logistics or Trade Compliance team
- Knowledge of international trade requirements including Customs Commodity Codes, Incoterms and Trade Documents
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and detail orientated
- Data analysis experience
We'd love to see:
- Specialization in Transportation/Logistics and/or Supply Chain Management
- An understanding of export controls regulations
- Agile & Scrum, APICS, CSCMP, Six Sigma, Lean or other relevant certification(s)
- Knowledge of SAP systems and confident IT systems user
- Proficiency in an additional European and/or other language (verbal and/or written)
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match!
We'll get in touch with you, to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at more of what we do at Bloomberg: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.