Bloomberg Product Oversight (BPO) Analyst - Hong Kong
Posted Oct 27, 2021 - Requisition No. 96886
Bloomberg delivers critical information in a world where information matters. We give influential decision makers in business, finance, and government an aggressive edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of news, people, and ideas. To do that, we need a constant flow of ideas, energy, innovation - which is where you come in. At Bloomberg, you will have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. Be a part of an organisation that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, and news & media services nurtures innovation and empowers clients - and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We have an exciting new opening to join the Bloomberg Product Oversight (BPO) team in Hong Kong. For this challenging role, we are looking for a professional who can assist our clients in understanding the appropriate Bloomberg solutions for their workflow. Our team dives deep into the very roots of our clients' workflow to gain a comprehensive understanding of their businesses.
What is the role?
You will align clients’ workflow and data consumption with the appropriate contractual framework and Bloomberg offering, protecting both our clients and our organisation. You will do this by proactively analyzing existing client profiles to understand our clients' workflow and ensure suitable use of our product offerings, while also mitigating business risks.
Using a highly consultative and analytical approach, you'll examine client data workflows, content licensing frameworks, and strategic initiatives, working closely with a wide variety of individuals, including but not limited to end users, senior market data managers, C-level executives, as well as internal partners including Sales, Product Managers, and Legal. With such close proximity to our clients, you will be at the forefront of being able to understand business and product gaps, providing these insights to our management to better improve our offerings.
We’ll trust you to:
- Analyze existing client profiles and Bloomberg product workflows to identify possible risks from third parties and non-compliant processes
- Work closely and collaboratively with clients to ensure proper usage of Bloomberg products for their workflows, in line with respective product agreements
- Identify gaps in our product offering and provide feedback to management and product managers to further enhance our product suite
- Manage projects such as the development of internal tools to enhance visibility of product usage and risk analysis across our client and user base
You'll need to have:
- Minimum 5 years experience working in the finance industry
- Capital markets knowledge with a foundational understanding of buy-side & sell-side workflows for at least one asset class (eg Fixed Income, Equities, Foreign Exchange, Commodities)
- Demonstrated experience in a role that has interacted with external clients, such as a customer support or sales role
- Demonstrated experience conducting research or analysis handling large sets of data
- Demonstrated experience collaborating with internal teams (e.g. Sales, Product Managers, Legal), including influencing across all levels
- Demonstrated experience understanding the needs of clients and building a strategy or solution to service identified needs
- Proven ability to excel and prioritize in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Demonstrated experience communicating across multiple stakeholder groups with strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Demonstrated continuous career growth within an organisation
We'd love to see:
- Hands-on experience using the Bloomberg suite of products
- Proficiency in Cantonese
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing email@example.com.