Senior Software Engineer/SRE - Enterprise Connectivity
New York, NY
Posted Apr 21, 2022 - Requisition No. 96894
Site Reliability Engineers in the enterprise connectivity team at Bloomberg fill the mission-critical role of ensuring our complex, real-time enterprise connectivity offering is healthy, automated, observable, and designed for reliability.
Our team is primarily responsible for managing messaging connectivity infrastructure at Bloomberg. Enterprise connectivity is used primarily as external connectivity by our enterprise products, enterprise integration solutions , trading solutions, and as a real time connectivity to various trading venues/exchanges. Connectivity infrastructure supported by our group is also used as middle-ware by several internal development teams. We develop automated tools to provision new servers, reallocate existing ones, track performance issues and look at long-term trends to correct issues. We are looking for someone who is naturally curious and has a strong drive to improve existing systems and processes by developing novel solutions to ever evolving challenges in the connectivity space.
You'll need to have:
- Strong belief in removing operation load with software and automation
- A detailed problem-solving approach with a track record of crafting and debugging distributed systems in production
- Experience with scale testing, disaster recovery, and capacity planning
- Good programming skills in Java, Python or C++ and interest in learning new ones
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and ability to work well in a collaborative environment
- Practice Agile methodologies like Scrum and Kanban
We'd love to see:
- Experience in working with TLS/SSL certificates
- Familiarity with networking level concepts like firewalls, routers, load balancing
We are extremely proud of our diverse and open culture, and value diversity of thought and perspective in every form. We're looking for engineers with a real passion for writing reusable, efficient solutions to complex problems, who can adapt to an ever-changing market landscape, and who can collaborate and work effectively on small teams to develop software that impacts thousands of users around the world. If this sounds like you, apply!
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.