Senior Software Engineer - Backend - Access Control & Security
New York, NY
Posted Oct 12, 2022 - Requisition No. 97007
Bloomberg attaches great importance to data security. The Access Control engineering team directly contributes to the company’s data security initiatives. The mission of the team is to design and create access control products to protect sensitive data. Bloomberg’s internal engineering and business teams are our clients. Our products are widely used by applications to serve their access control needs.
Our products involve full-stack technologies. Our run-time privilege checking API is called a few billion times each day. In addition, we build applications and workflows for managing privileges efficiently.
The problem domains we regularly encounter include, but are not limited to the following:
- Distributed systems
- High availability, fault tolerance, high performance and scalable systems
- Service-oriented architecture
About the role
In this role, you will design and implement access control products. If you love owning critical systems and are passionate about using cutting-edge technologies to solve different access control problems, this is the right job for you, please apply below!
We'll expect you to:
- Be interested in solving data security related problems
- Be the owner of the product – you will collaborate closely with our business team to build user-friendly and efficient products
- Be a solid team player - you will enjoy working in a highly collaborative environment
- Be innovative - you need to think outside of the box to come up with technical solutions that deliver business value
- Be passionate - you're passionate about our diverse user and product bases
- Be proactive - you will contribute ideas to everything from product, tech stack to our development workflow
You'll need to have:
- 3+ years’ experience in designing, developing, releasing and monitoring high-quality software
- Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills
- Good communication skills
- BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technology field
We'd love to see:
- Experience in Python and modern C++
- Experience with large scale distributed systems
- Experience with open source technologies such as Kafka, RabbitMQ, Docker, SqlServer
- Familiar with unit testing, CI/CD and Dev-Ops
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 160,000 - 240,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus