Financial Operations Coordinator - Marketing (Contractor)
New York, NY
Posted Oct 29, 2021 - Requisition No. 97013
Bloomberg Marketing partners with forward-thinking business leaders to seize and build opportunities to drive difference. We use data to understand markets and audiences and creative ideas to build stories and brands. We build campaigns and work that gains attention and drives a reaction. We move fast, and our core approach is coordinated and innovative!
We are looking for a Financial Operations Coordinator who will work closely with Finance, our Marketing leaders, and internal partners on a number of different initiatives, including management of our Marketing budgets. Ideally, you will have strong organizational skills in order to provide accurate financial data, and useful insights to the department.
We'll Trust You To:
- Act as the primary liaison between Marketing, Finance teams, and related internal functions (including Accounts Payable, Procurement, SAP teams)
- In partnership with Marketing Leadership, Marketing Managers, and Finance teams, manage Marketing budgets for Central Marketing, as well as Financial Products businesses
- Demonstrate outstanding judgement and be able to operate and make decisions with minimal direction
- Possess discretion in handling sensitive information
- Analyze financial data and communicate to partners, including senior management, on useful next steps
- Serve as a trusted advisor, and partner with senior leaders, business stakeholders and financial teams across the world
- Evaluate our current financial processes and make recommendations for improvement
- Day-to-day contact for the global Marketing team related to financial questions, coding and processes
- Handle billing for Marketing Social and Performance Marketing channels
- Be responsible for monthly expense recording and reconciliation, providing budget transparency to Marketing teams
- Handle day-to-day invoice and vendor payment processes, in conjunction with the Marketing CFO team
You’ll need to have:
- A Bachelors Degree
- Both knowledge of GAAP and an ability to communicate accounting and financial concepts to non-finance professionals
- Excellent written and oral communications skills across audiences, including all levels of management
- Experience managing multi-million dollar budgets
- Customer-service orientation
- Validated analytical skills and creative problem solving when collecting, organizing, analyzing and disseminating significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong Excel skills
- Proven track record and curiosity about detailed data entry
- Expertise in leading and improving a budget and forecasting process
- Strong time management and organizational skills, including the ability to balance multiple projects and shift priorities quickly
We'd Love To See:
- Track record of operating successfully in complex organizations with the entrepreneurial spirit and mindset to make things happen
- Some background or experience with Marketing
- Experience working with SAP
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.