Social Strategy Lead
New York, NY
Posted Nov 1, 2021 - Requisition No. 97047
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. We work hard, and we work fast — while keeping up the creativity and entrepreneurialism we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time.
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning television, digital, magazine, radio and live event platforms across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is growing its global footprint and reach through new innovations from Bloomberg Quicktake to Bloomberg Green.
We are looking for a Social Strategy Lead to partner with Commercial teams to develop and pitch social solutions to meet client objectives. This includes being involved in all aspects of presale: advising on the format or platform to be leveraged based on campaign objectives and budgets, coming up with social-first or -only concepts, and presenting to clients. The Social Strategy Lead will also work closely with newsroom colleagues on editorial sponsorship opportunities across our various social channels.
The ideal candidate should be metrics-obsessed and creatively inclined, comfortable writing and editing copy for all social platforms, as this role will also help manage some Bloomberg Media social accounts. This role will work across all digital platforms but specifically focus on social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube.
We’ll trust you to:
- Develop social strategies and solutions, based on the understanding of each client's brand message, voice, objectives and target audiences
- Collaborate with Editorial, Product, Planning & Campaign Management and Pricing & Inventory teams to develop and package new social ad products to bring to market
- Serve as an ambassador for the Audience Development team: maintaining/updating capabilities decks, supporting product rollouts and educating internal teams on best practices
- Partner with Communications, Trade Marketing & Events and Brand Marketing to produce content and develop strategic promotion plans to elevate our brand
- Pinch hit on social campaign execution, optimization and/or reporting when needed
- Work with Finance to track and reconcile social campaign budgets as needed
You'll need to have:
- 6-8 years of social strategy and campaign management at a platform, social/performance marketing agency or digital publisher
- Understanding of best practices across social channels, established and emerging
- Proven experience in delivering effective social campaigns for large, well-known brands
- Ability to analyze data to understand budgeting, audience planning, segmentation and behaviors
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects at once, with outstanding attention to detail
- Self-starter approach and be comfortable with a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment
If this sounds like you:
Apply today! If we believe you’re a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.