Metals & Mining Reporter - Singapore
Posted Nov 2, 2021 - Requisition No. 97072
Bloomberg News is seeking a metals and mining reporter in Singapore to cover the evolution of the industry. From reporting on the raw materials crucial for the future of transport, power and electronics, as well as the products that are the bedrock of construction and real estate, you'll be expected to break news on metals across the supply chain in Asia and beyond.
You will be part of the broader metals team in Asia, and we're looking for someone with an eye for stories no one else is telling with the versatility to write and package material for a variety of platforms including the Bloomberg terminal, Web, Bloomberg Businessweek and QuickTake video.
We expect you to be collaborative, as stories often intersect markets, government and environment. Good sourcing and a proactive approach to covering news are key qualifications for a beat that is centered in Asia but has a global reach.
We'll trust you to:
- Break news on companies, markets and trends
- Deliver accurate stories under tight deadlines
- Generate analysis covering both fast-paced developments in short format, as well as trends and insights in long-form stories
- Work seamlessly and proactively with teams across regions and departments
- Be innovative and creative in writing and formatting stories
You'll need to have:
- A minimum of 5 years of recent experience working in financial journalism
- Experience working at a real-time news service
- Experience covering metals markets or commodities as a reporter
- The ability to write clearly, quickly and accurately in English, often under time pressure
- Fluency in both spoken and written English and Mandarin as the role requires to be in touch with key sources in China
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer.
Please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.