Senior Cloud Engineer - Bloomberg Law
New York, NY
Posted Apr 27, 2022 - Requisition No. 97140
Bloomberg Law SRE is part of BLAW Platform Engineering group that combines software and systems engineering to champion the use of sound engineering principles, operational discipline, and automation. We focus on modernizing Bloomberg Law (BLAW) product infrastructure and improving reliability and scalability with an interest in fault-tolerant distributed system design. Our culture of diversity, intellectual curiosity, methodical problem solving and openness in a blameless environment are keys to our success.
What's in it for you:
As a Cloud Engineer at Bloomberg Law, your mission is to design and build reliable and scalable infrastructure using cloud native technologies on hybrid environments (AWS and Bloomberg data centers). You will also be responsible for improving observability of the overall BLAW platform as it is modernized to use microservice based architecture and cloud services. Toward these goals, you will work alongside application engineers across the full stack that uses modern open source web and data technologies and you will build infrastructure, tools and integrations to run and operate applications in production environment.
We'll trust you to:
- Build foundational infrastructure (based on Kubernetes and AWS services) to run applications that are highly available, scalable and self-healing.
- Implement automation using infrastructure-as-code solutions (Terraform)
- Improve overall platform observability by implementing monitoring, metrics, logs and Service Level Objectives (SLO)
- Work alongside application engineers as they build/migrate applications on your infrastructure
- Troubleshoot production problems as they occur, and develop tools to improve incident management
- Create project ideas and implement them with effective collaboration and communication.
You need to have:
- 3+ years of experience working on highly available, fault-tolerant distributed systems
- A keen interest in building highly scalable and fault-tolerant distributed systems on AWS.
- Understanding of Linux operating systems and networking.
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field
We'd love to see:
- Experience with Kubernetes/docker/containers would be a huge plus
- Familiarity with cloud native application architectures (microservices, serverless, even-driven etc)
- Prior experience with AWS infrastructure and/or other public cloud providers.
- A good understanding reliability engineering principles and practices
- Ability to work with diverse teams and personalities
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.