Chinese-language Editor - Singapore
Posted Nov 11, 2021 - Requisition No. 97420
Bloomberg is seeking an experienced and knowledgeable editor for its Chinese-language news service, based in Singapore. The successful candidate will play a key role helping to guide a dynamic group that covers debt, equity and FX markets in Greater China and beyond. They will have the ability to produce fast and accurate content, and to deliver agenda-setting news and analysis that's rich with context and insight.
While the role will primarily focus on Chinese-language stories, the candidate will also be expected to work closely with counterparts across the newsroom, including those working in English, to take advantage of Singapore's unique position as a financial markets hub.
We'll trust you to:
- Edit both short- and long-form content that explores the opportunities and risks in China's financial markets
- Understand the demands of Bloomberg's Chinese-language readers and the optimal way to present news and information to satisfy their needs
- Ensure stories are fully vetted for accuracy and readability
- Guide and support reporters on sourcing, interviewing and writing
- Generate story ideas by tapping into your knowledge and network
- Collaborate closely with colleagues across the bureau and newsroom
You'll need to have:
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Excellent editing skills
- At least 5 years experience working in a publishing environment and/or in financial markets
- Solid knowledge and understanding of the economy and of the dynamics that influence the price of various assets
- Strong attention to detail
- Fluency in both spoken and written Mandarin and English to support the China market
- Ability to communicate in English for daily work, communication and discussions
- Demonstrated continuous career growth within an organisation
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know that the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at http://www.bloomberg.com/
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.