Transformation Strategy & Delivery - Program Manager
New York, NY
Posted Nov 12, 2021 - Requisition No. 97567
What’s The Role?
We are seeking an experienced Program Manager to join the Transformation Strategy & Delivery team within Workplace Operations. We are looking for someone who has an entrepreneurial drive, sincere curiosity and enthusiasm who can create, evolve and manage multiple strategic programs that span across our business functions. Your primary responsibility as a Program Manager is to focus on managing programs directly, cultivating a product development mindset and managing deliverables across the entire product lifecycle. You will be responsible for executing a number of operational and technical strategic initiatives, by applying effective agile scrum methodology to drive successful delivery. This is a highly visible role with an excellent opportunity to work closely with senior management in implementing fast and effective change across our Enterprise.
We’ll Trust You To:
- Lead multiple project initiatives with enterprise wide influence and cross-team collaboration by leveraging a structured agile scrum methodology to deliver operational and technical solutions
- Create actionable plans such as strategic product roadmaps to deliver business objectives by working with key Stakeholders, Product Managers and multiple cross functional agile teams
- Hold teams accountable for incremental delivery and coaching teams to consistently follow an agile scrum mindset to meet product roadmaps business outcomes; coach teams develop incremental delivery plans with success criteria and ensure timely high-quality deliverables, while applying an iterative approach
- Act as an escalation point for cross functional teams, anticipate risks and develop mitigation plans, manage cross team issues
- Oversee the Change Management team’s delivery schedule; ensure successful product deployments
- Responsible for driving multiple engagements with internal business, technical delivery teams and vendors to deliver initiatives by applying the necessary discipline to ensure deployment readiness
- Interact with and influence all levels of the organization, demonstrate strong executive leadership and engagement across business and technology teams
- Lead agile scrum events to ensure milestones and deliverables are met and dependencies are delivered
- Be able work in an ambiguous fast paced, dynamic environment requiring good judgement, flexibility and a hands on approach for delivery
- Support initiatives related to employee experience design and innovation
You’ll Need to Have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Information Computer Science or equivalent
- 7+ years of Managerial experience executing project management initiatives for complex, global organizations
- Excellent leadership skills with an ability to establish and maintain strong relationships; influence stakeholders in written and oral communications and able to work effectively at all levels of the organization
- Exceptional leadership facilitation experience to drive senior-level alignment and adoption
- Strong working knowledge and experience with working with Agile Scrum -Program Management frameworks/principles, methodologies, and tools
- Accreditation in executing operational and technical solutions by partnering with leaders and teams to design, develop and implement roadmaps, iterative execution plans
- Strong strategic and tactical communication planning and execution skills
- Exceptional communication, analytical, problem solving, interpersonal skills; ability to mentor others
- Ability to work in ambiguous situations; be forward looking, resilient, flexible and adaptable
- Agile Scrum Professional Certification / Project Management Professional Certification
- Ability to apply an employee centric approach and work in a matrixed environment; across multiple functional teams comprised of members with diverse skill sets (e.g. stakeholders, senior management, business leaders/ product managers, employee experience designers, software engineers / architects, etc.)
We’d Love To See:
- Big 4 Global Program Management Implementation experience preferred
- Proven consultative and collaboration skills with leaders and cross functional partners and work with multiple stakeholders
- Ability to be agile in changing circumstances and work in ambiguous environments, learn quickly, shift approach comfortably with strong follow through; works effectively to meet deadlines
- Experience in large and complex corporate environments running technology and process change efforts to include wide range of initiatives such as system implementations, upgrades, process redesign, productivity tools, organizational change, individual and team performance improvement and effectiveness
- Experience in full lifecycle of project management for large-scale ERP implementations (SAP, Oracle, Salesforce.com)
- Experience with applying Agile Scrum framework for product delivery
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our Teams innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.