Mobile QA Automation Engineer
Posted Nov 16, 2021 - Requisition No. 97678
Imagine helping the world’s financial professionals make market-moving decisions while on the go. Our clients never stop working, whether it’s running between meetings or on their commute to/from the office. They need to monitor the latest news, track their portfolios, research potential investments, and be quickly alerted to market-moving events. Our team makes all that possible by providing Bloomberg’s leading, real-time financial data service on mobile.
Our teams develop, design and define the mobile experience on which thousands of people rely daily. You will be joining an experienced Mobile QA team who are aligned with product-focused engineering teams based in London. You will contribute to the testing of the Mobile Professional application both within individual product teams and in support of our app store releases to clients. There are always new projects on the horizon and many opportunities to make an impact on the product itself and also on our quality processes throughout the teams.
We are looking for someone creative, technical and collaborative. Someone who is passionate about quality and constantly looking for ways to improve how we work. We test at all stages of the development lifecycle and try to automate where we can. We work on applications that are central to our business, making our team critical and our results impactful.
We'll trust you to:
- Collaborate closely with engineers and product owners to ensure the application is tested, meets our definition of done, and provides stakeholder confidence
- Create & update automated test scripts using Appium (Python 3.x based framework)
- Evaluate, troubleshoot and test software in accordance to design, development and QA processes and principles
- Perform manual functional, exploratory testing and update regression tests when needed
- Liaise effectively with internal and external testers to triage and verify observations.
You'll need to have:
- Passion for quality and desire to understand how customers use our products
- Strong knowledge of testing mobile products and platforms, specifically iOS and Android
- Excellent communication and analytical skills and a desire to collaborate closely with engineering teams
- A good understanding of Selenium based testing tools
- An understanding of the software development lifecycle as well as continuous integration and continuous deployment processes and tools
- Ability to prioritize test scenarios and testing approaches based on risk and make trade off decisions where appropriate
We'd love to see:
- You are familiar with Xcode, Android SDK, iOS, simulators/emulators, and Appium
- You are solution-driven and can thrive when working in a constantly evolving environment
- You are passionate about mobile test automation and want to help us improve our automated testing approach & tools. You are familiar with modern mobile testing frameworks and you are keen to stay current with the latest testing practices.
- You’ve worked in Agile teams and tested alongside developers
We believe interviewing is a two way street. It's a way for us to get to know you and your skills, and also a way for you to learn more about the team, our technical challenges, and what you'd be working on. The content of each interview round will be tailored to the role and your background, but the general framework can be found here: https://www.bloomberg.com/careers/technology/engineering/software-engineering-experienced-hire/
We want to ensure you can put your best foot forward throughout the process, so if you have any questions or need any accommodations to be successful, please let us know!
If this sounds like you, apply!
And do check out our blog, TechAtBloomberg.com/ to learn more.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.