New York, NY
Posted Nov 16, 2021 - Requisition No. 97696
Bloomberg is looking for a driven and creative podcast producer to join our team and help grow our award-winning slate of narrative and interview podcasts. The producer will lead one existing weekly interview podcast as well as one to two limited-run narrative miniseries per year. In this role, you would work in collaboration with our audio team and alongside reporters and editors in Bloomberg’s wider newsroom. You would have a hand in all aspects of production, from recording and booking interviews to pitching episode ideas and scripting, to audio editing.
AS A PODCAST PRODUCER, WE WILL TRUST YOU TO:
- Handle pre- and post-production, including engineering and recording hosts and guests from remote locations.
- Work with our journalists to develop ambitious show ideas and translate them to an audio format
- Edit and refine outlines, scripts and long-range story arcs for narrative shows
- Embark on field recordings that produce broadcast-quality audio whenever possible
- Edit in Adobe Audition
- Contribute to team meetings and provide peer feedback in edits and table reads
- Publish completed shows and accompanying metadata and web content
YOU WILL NEED TO HAVE:
- Three to five years of experience in audio editing or production
- An enthusiasm for digital storytelling with an emphasis on podcasts
- A keen interest in Bloomberg's globe-spanning journalism
- A drive to help elevate and expand Bloomberg's podcast ambitions
- Comfort with Adobe Audition (familiarity with other audio editing software, like ProTools, is a plus).
If this sounds like you: Apply today! We're eager to speak with you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.