Web Product Manager
New York, NY
Posted Nov 22, 2021 - Requisition No. 97858
We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. "Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces." We bring out the best in each other. And through our countless volunteer projects, we help bring out the best in the communities around us, too! You can do outstanding work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
The Bloomberg Marketing Studio is Bloomberg's in-house content, creative and digital marketing group. Working on assignments for print, digital, environmental, interactive and broadcast projects, the Studio has writing, design, production and content capabilities. We drive projects across the full spectrum of Bloomberg, both internally and externally. We work across a global workflow, with staff in major Bloomberg offices.
As part of the Web Products team within the Marketing Studio, the Web Product Managers are the champions for their product. They are passionate about understanding business and market requirements, then prioritizing the work to be done by the design and engineering teams accordingly. You should be a hardworking digital product manager who proactively identifies, recommends and implements measurable improvements across web and other channels. Communication and execution are key factors to your success. You will also need to be a proactive team member identifying solutions and opportunities.
It’s a sophisticated role requiring an understanding from a strategic perspective of why you should do a project, what technology could be used to achieve it, what it could look like, and how it could work. You will be part of every step of the product/marketing lifecycle from inception to launch, including digital strategy, UX, development, business analysis, SEO, and analytics along the way. In this role you will be utilizing creative and technical skills, providing proper support and maintenance, as well as closely working with designers, developers, and other specialists as a unified team.
What you'll do:
- Work with marketing managers, UX designers and web development teams to enhance functionality and features on the websites and other web products as required by changing market conditions and emerging opportunities
- Build and manage product roadmaps by partnering with business stakeholders, engineering and UX teams
- Interpret requests into Jira user stories with definition of completion/success
- Provide the development and design teams clear guidance on which features to deliver next
- Manage, update and build out products as-needed with the willingness to roll up your sleeves to do the day-to-day updates, as well as manage larger scale updates and enhancements
- Troubleshoot platform issues and solve them with the help of web developers and extended Digital Marketing team
- Stakeholder management to gather requirements and understand their business needs
- Work with design as needed to accommodate content updates or feature requests
- Validate requests against metrics to assess the value of the undertaking
- Test and review completed tasks in a QA environment before signing off for deployment
- Test marketing campaign elements and interactions for continual improvements and optimization
- Find opportunities for product and content improvements
You’ll need to have:
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in web production/product management
- Experience with web content management systems, specifically WordPress
- Demonstrated success in project management with the ability to effectively prioritize and complete multiple tasks
- Solid knowledge of HTML/CSS
- SEO, SEM, Google Tag Manager, and Google Analytics knowledge
- Experience working in an Agile engineering environment
- Shown success in developing, testing and deploying multiple product improvements with the ability to implement quick iterations to test theories and designs, using experience, analytics and data for decision making
- Strong relationship management abilities with outstanding communication and presentation skills (persuasive written, compelling oral)
- Deep familiarity about digital marketing concepts, practices and programs with a solid understanding of web, email, and social marketing
- Knowledge of standard methodologies for web UX design
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.