Bloomberg Compliance Officer - Amsterdam
Posted Nov 23, 2021 - Requisition No. 97922
Bloomberg’s Legal & Compliance Department plays a critical role in supporting our businesses and operations around the world. We move quickly and thoughtfully to help address a variety of complex legal issues that come with being the world’s leading financial news and information company. Our team is made up of talented and hardworking professionals who think creatively and work collaboratively in an open environment to deliver results, drive innovation, and solve difficult problems. We also recognize the value of diversity and inclusion in cultivating a supportive workplace and the importance of giving back to our communities as evidenced by our award-winning pro bono program!
We are looking for a person with relevant financial markets experience to join Bloomberg's global group Compliance department. The role is based in Amsterdam, primarily focused on the two Bloomberg regulated entities in The Netherlands – Bloomberg Trading Facility BV and Bloomberg Data Reporting Services BV. BTF BV operates a multilateral trading facility (trading venue), and BDRS BV offers services for trade and transaction reporting as an authorized APA and ARM.
What’s the Role?
Within the EMEA Compliance function you will work as part of the Amsterdam Compliance team. The role will have a focus on the regulated activities approved in The Netherlands, in particular the operation of a multi-lateral trading facility (MTF), and the provision of trade and transaction reporting services under Bloomberg’s licenses to operate an Approved Reporting Mechanism (ARM) and an Approved Publication Arrangement (APA). The ideal candidate will have experience of some European financial services rules and requirements, for example MiFIR, MiFID2, and MAR; and working knowledge with regards to trading services and asset classes such as fixed income, derivatives, and equities; and be able to implement compliance policies, governance and controls. Good communication and interpersonal skills are essential, together with the ability to work as part of a team, with a real drive to add value to the firm.
We’ll trust you to:
- Provide Compliance oversight of the systems for identifying breaches of BTF BV's Rulebook and of responses to such breaches
- Establish, implement and maintain adequate policies and procedures sufficient to ensure compliance of BTF BV and BDRS BV and its staff with their regulatory obligations and for countering the risk that BTF BV might be used to further financial crime
- Review and keep abreast of the regulatory environment and report Compliance matters to management
- Be involved with the real-time and post-trade surveillance of trading activity on the trading venue to ensure integrity of the platform and capture abusive behaviour
- Monitor changes to EU, Netherlands, AFM and other applicable financial services rules and regulations
- Advise and assist business and others responsible for carrying out regulated activities to comply with relevant regulatory obligations
- Train staff on Compliance matters, and ensure that staff members are familiar with BTF BV's anti-money laundering policies and procedures
- Where necessary make required reports to regulatory bodies, e.g. the Netherlands Financial Intelligence Unit
- Work closely with colleagues within the global Compliance team, developing and maintaining Bloomberg compliance standards
- Maintain relationships with the AFM and other regulatory authorities, provide required notifications, and respond effectively to all regulatory requests and inquiries
You’ll need to have:
- Experience in a compliance or regulatory role, or similar
- Knowledge of EU financial regulation related to financial markets, trading and reporting
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively work as part of a high-performing team
- High ethical standards
- No disqualifications that would prevent successful AFM screening (statutory or otherwise)
We'd love to see:
- Fluency in Dutch and English
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/careers/about/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.