Product Marketing Manager, Digital Subscriptions Business
New York, NY
Posted Dec 2, 2021 - Requisition No. 98276
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. We work hard, and we work fast – while keeping up the creativity and entrepreneurialism we’re known for. It’s what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time.
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning television, digital, magazines, radio and live event platforms across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is growing its global footprint and reach through new innovations from Quicktake to New Economy Forum and a digital subscriptions business.
Our subscription business has had breakout growth over the past 3 years and has exciting and ambitious growth in the coming years.
SCOPE AND IMPACT OF THE ROLE
Bloomberg Media's Consumer Subscription Business is seeking a highly-motivated Product Marketing Manager to fuel our growth. In this role, you’ll own a portfolio of digital products and will be responsible for driving awareness, adoption, engagement and revenue via innovative marketing campaigns and differentiated messaging. You’ll work across multiple geographies, marketing channels, and customer lifecycle stages to bring your ideas to life. You’ll also be our customer champion, serving as the subject matter authority on customer and competitive insights to power winning positioning and messaging strategies. This role presents a unique opportunity to blend content marketing and product marketing in a high-growth environment.
You should be flexible, comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, and skilled at balancing multiple priorities. You’re a creative, innovative problem solver who always stays on top of the latest digital trends and brings new “out of the box” ideas to the table. This role will report to the Director of Product Marketing & Lifecycle Marketing.
WE’LL TRUST YOU TO:
- Design and execute insights-driven GTM strategies for new digital products, including new content verticals, editorial newsletters, new pricing strategies, and more.
- Develop product experiences and marketing campaigns to increase awareness, adoption, engagement, retention, and revenue within a portfolio of digital products.
- Drive quantitative and qualitative customer research efforts and build feedback loops with Product, Marketing, Engineering, Customer Service, and leadership.
- Build compelling, data-led product positioning and messaging strategies for key customer segments.
- Drive innovation through collaboration with a cross-functional team, including other marketers, Data Science, Product, Product Design, and UX research.
- Establish and measure success criteria; strategically communicate results and recommendations to leadership.
- Adapt, learn quickly and be inventive.
- 4-6 years of proven experience in a product marketing role.
- A “marketing athlete” with cross-channel experience in the B2C space.
- Sharp analytical and quantitative skills with a demonstrated ability to interpret and use data to drive decision making.
- Strong EQ and a customer-first approach.
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative research approaches and tools, including Qualtrics surveys, User Zoom studies, focus groups, competitive analysis, market trends and more.
- A personal curiosity about news, media and current events with an understanding of how we can deliver incremental value to our customers.
- Tight-knit collaboration skills and ability to manage multiple projects at once in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to deliver results with a high degree of ownership and attention to detail
- Experience working on an international team, in content marketing, and/or on a direct-to-consumer subscriptions business a plus
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU:
Apply! We’ll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.