Senior Financial Analyst - Central FP&A Media
New York, NY
Posted Dec 7, 2021 - Requisition No. 98465
The energy of a newsroom, the pace of a trading floor, the buzz of a recent tech breakthrough; we work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We bring out the best in each other through collaboration. Through our countless volunteer projects, we also help network with the communities around us, too. You can do outstanding work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
At Bloomberg Finance we are committed to providing world-class support to our business partners by providing insight on business performance, financial oversight and thought leadership.
The financial analyst will report directly to the Team Lead and be part of the Central FP&A team in Media. In this role, you will work closely with external and internal team members and business partners to implement consolidation of monthly financial results, including reporting, forecasting, budgeting and analysis. You must have a strong accounting background and organizational skills, be able to prioritize workflow and adhere to deadlines, and work independently.
We’ll trust you to:
- Prepare the flash expense request, consolidation and commentary
- Prepare the Risk & Opportunities consolidation of revenue and expense
- Assist with preparation Management Reporting package on a monthly basis, as well as ensuring accuracy of the data
- Coordinate the revenue and expense forecast; work with teams to consolidate and validate submissions; help consolidate commentary
- Prepare the revenue file and P&L during the monthly close process; check data matches system
- Assist with any ad hoc reporting and data requests
- Assist with Contingent Worker reporting and help handle changes required
- Support corporate FP&A reporting requirements
- Responsible for central FP&A audit of JE’s and Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Prepare the consolidation of the monthly P&L, forecasts, budgets, and five year plans
- Prepare variance commentary and validate business drivers with internal team members
- Coordinate and facilitate master data additions or changes; including Management Level Reporting
- Interacting with other teams to follow up on outstanding items through monthly financial process including ad hoc deliverables
- Assist with the consolidation of the monthly P&L, forecasts, budgets, and any ad hoc reporting requests including the Management Reporting Package
You’ll need to have:
- A BA/BS in Accounting/Finance
- Minimum 4-7 years of proven experience
- Demonstrated understanding of GAAP and relevant accounting standards
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated understanding of accounting processes and ability to find opportunities for efficiency
- Team player with ability to deal with changing priorities
We’d love to see:
Media Industry experience is helpful but not required
Proficiency in SAP
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity! It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.