Global Head of Bloomberg Live and BNE
New York, NY
Posted Dec 7, 2021 - Requisition No. 98478
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning television, digital, magazine, radio and live event platforms across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is setting out to become the indispensable source of information for the world's most influential business leaders.
We're looking for an experienced and dynamic media professional to lead our entire global events business including Bloomberg Live and Bloomberg New Economy Forum. This role will report directly to the Global Chief Commercial Officer. The role will be based in New York.
WE'LL TRUST YOU TO:
- Manage a global team comprising sales, audience, marketing, production and finance disciplines while also working very closely with the Bloomberg Live and New Economy editors.
- Identify ways to use events to grow other Bloomberg businesses, including Bloomberg.com subscriptions and our core financial solutions business
- Be responsible for managing the P&L of the business.
- Work closely with the Bloomberg Live and New Economy senior partners (management team) to develop the move forward strategy to continue the growth of our events Business through expanding the existing franchise and customized events and adding new events or other experiential initiatives that involve the convening of people relevant to the Bloomberg eco system.
- Generate revenues through sponsorship and attendee fees or other additive initiatives such as virtual viewership or the broadcasting and streaming of the event content on other media platforms.
- Work closely with other key stakeholders in Bloomberg Media such as the digital team, cross platform sellers, Bloomberg central event production division.
- Handle the revenues and expenditures for our events business across the three regions, Americas, EMEA and APAC.
YOU'LL NEED TO HAVE:
- Experience in running a media business, either as a stand alone business or a division of a larger company - or in running a significant events business in another industry
- Success in securing sponsorship or advertising revenues from leading businesses across a wide range of industries
- Ideally have strong high level client connections
- 15 or more years of experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
In the meantime, watch this proud reminder of our purpose: https://vimeo.com/263526877 (https://vimeo.com/263526877)
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org