Product Manager – Data Governance
New York, NY
Posted Dec 7, 2021 - Requisition No. 98483
Product Manager – Data Governance
Bloomberg runs on data. In our Global Data business, we're responsible for supplying it.
The Content Acquisition & Business Management (CABM) department is responsible for managing, acquiring and integrating content and data from Exchanges, Brokers, Sell-side and other types of providers to drive the value of the Bloomberg Terminal and downstream products.
Within CABM’s Product Management team, we work with experienced engineering teams, data governance specialists, contracts analysts, technical account managers, and numerous internal stakeholders to build a robust data governance technology framework. This proprietary technology ensures we have the appropriate controls in place so that all Bloomberg products adhere to our contractual obligations.
We’re looking for a seasoned Product Manager to own this technology framework that is critical to advancing our resilience around data governance.
You're an experienced professional who is familiar with market data provider policies, such as entitlement and reporting. You love building relationships and working seamlessly across business lines. You are passionate about building products and establishing industry relationships that enable Bloomberg to deliver differentiated and high-quality data at global scale. You are a self-starter with true entrepreneurial spirit, and have the vision and know-how to leverage technology to create meaningful and efficient solutions for our clients.
We’ll trust you to:
- Understand market data and technology in order to develop and drive a strategic vision for Bloomberg’s proprietary 3rd party data infrastructure
- Serve as the focal point between engineering, data governance specialists and product managers of other Bloomberg products to ensure the appropriate integrations are in place
- Effectively manage and communicate product vision, strategy, measurement/reporting, prioritization, and backlog
- Plan, design, test and implement solutions to complex problems
- Develop and deliver reports & technical requirements documentation
- Use qualitative and quantitative discovery techniques to measurably solve hard problems
- Follow technology trends and developments in the data, product management, and financial markets spaces
You’ll need to have:
- 3 to 5 years of experience in a Product Management role
- A Bachelor’s degree or similar practical experience
- Demonstrated understanding of the techniques and methods of modern product discovery and product delivery
- Demonstrated ability to conduct user research and surface insights that lead to commercial outcomes
- Strong leadership skills and experience, with emphasis on executing projects in a matrix organization
- Acute problem-solving and analytical skills (in particular, experience conducting product discovery by analyzing operational/ usage data and by interviewing users)
- Experience setting and executing against product metrics/ OKRs
- Ability to be as much ‘all hands on deck’ as you are ‘get it done’
- Experience working with Scrum/ Agile methodology
- Interest in financial markets
- Legal authorization to work full-time in the United States and will not require visa sponsorship now or in the future
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.