User Experience Researcher (contract role)
New York, NY
Posted Dec 8, 2021 - Requisition No. 98532
The Bloomberg Connects app (https://www.bloombergconnects.org/) is a rapidly-growing, free app that lets you access cultural organizations around the world anytime, anywhere. Launched in November 2019, the app features engaging, multi-media digital guides with insightful and unique content exclusive to each of our cultural partners, including Central Park, The Guggenheim, MoMA PS1, Serpentine Galleries, and many more. The venture is a collaboration between Bloomberg Philanthropies and Bloomberg LP and aims to broaden access to arts and culture worldwide.Participating cultural partners use a web portal to make their multimedia content accessible via the app.
Full time researcher who has experience working with both qualitative and quantitative research methodologies. You will own the planning, execution, and synthesis of research to better understand end-user needs. You will explore user behaviors and motivations by conducting primary research such as field studies, interviews, online testing, surveys, and log analysis. Our ideal candidate will be located in NY since much of the on-site work will be in here and our company culture highly values deep collaboration with designers, engineers, marketing and partnerships managers, etc.
This position begins as a contractor position for 6-12 months. It may be converted to full-time in the future.
As a goal for 2022 we would like to get to know our end-users (museum visitors) better. We would like to know who they are, their motivations, what works for them, and what their unmet needs are. You will help craft a research strategy, conduct the research, and provide analyses that answer these research questions. It will be critical for you to educate various teams and stakeholders about the results of your research and its implications for product direction.
Your research will explore two categories of user interaction with the app: onsite and offsite usage of the Connects app:
- To understand the onsite user experience, you will conduct onsite qualitative research with the visitors in the cultural partners’ locations, currently clustered in New York and London.
- To understand the offsite user experience, you will collaborate with dedicated resources within the Connects team on large-scale surveys as well as usage analytics.
Your portfolio should include deliverables that display your mastery of methods. We are as interested in seeing materials that illustrate your process (e.g. research plan, discussion guide, analysis) as we are in seeing the quality of your reporting.
Please provide us with a link to your portfolio and include it in your application. If you need some other way of showing us your work (either by emailing it, bringing it in person if feasible, or through an online real-time screen-sharing session), please apply for the role and we'll contact you to make arrangements to view it.
Please do not, without proper consent, share or disclose to Bloomberg any confidential or proprietary information that you may have obtained in connection with employment with any other employer, or which may be considered the Work Product of any other individual or entity.
You need to have:
- Demonstrated ability to design and execute exploratory field studies, remote testing, usage analysis, and surveys
- 5+ years of experience in user experience research in a product setting
- Superior verbal and written presentation skills to communicate clear, concise findings and actionable recommendations
- M.S. in Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Interaction Design, Cognitive Psychology, Cognitive Science, or related field is preferred; Ph.D. is desired
- Flexibility to travel for onsite research, including internationally
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.