Commodities & Energy Data Team Leader, Global Data - Singapore
Posted Dec 10, 2021 - Requisition No. 98672
Bloomberg runs on data, and in the Global Data team we're responsible for acquiring it and providing it to our clients. We collect, analyse, process and publish the data which is the backbone of our iconic Bloomberg Terminal - the facts and figures which ultimately move the financial markets. We apply problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies, and we implement technology solutions to enhance our systems, products and processes - and all this while providing platinum customer support to our clients.
What's the role?
The Global Data department in Singapore is looking for a highly motivated and entrepreneurial Team Leader to lead the Commodities & Energy Data Management team. In this role you will be responsible for two key areas:
Product Strategy and Data Quality:
You will be the subject-matter-expert in commodities & energy products covered by Global Data and you will be responsible for ensuring the consistency, quality and timely delivery of commodities & energy data through your team. You will also be involved in the creation and lead the execution of the product strategy for APAC. You will work closely with your peers in the product team on a global level, and collaborate with other internal data teams to oversee the customer support for users of Bloomberg products to ensure the consistency of data strategies and operational excellence for our dataset. From a data quality perspective, you will work with your team to develop and improve workflow tools and processes in the area of financial data management including the acquisition, processing and publishing of data.
You will be responsible for managing and developing a team of high-performing market data analysts. This will include all elements of day to day people management, including recruitment, onboarding, training, motivating and setting a clear vision and objectives for the team. The team is currently spread across in APAC region. Finally, as a leader in Global Data you will be involved in broader discussions around talent management strategies across the department focusing on recruitment, retention and succession.
We'll trust you to:
- Lead the Global Data strategy of our commodities & energy data across ASEAN and China by utilizing your knowledge in Commodities & Energy data products to improve the coverage, quality and the workflow tools of data management including acquisition, processing and publishing of data
- Oversee the daily operation of your team to update, maintain and process data covering various energy and commodity markets in the APAC region to ensure the operational excellence and consistency, quality and timely delivery of the dataset
- Represent your team and product on a global stage by liaising regularly with your global counterparts in the Americas and EMEA to ensure the consistency of data strategies as well as continuously seeking new ways to operate more efficiently
- Play an integral role in leading a team of high-performing market data analysts in APAC through remote and in-person management to motivate and develop the team
- Become a true subject matter expert in commodities & energy data to provide customer support to external clients and partners such as the users of Bloomberg Professional Service, News, Enterprise Solutions and use your expertise and experience to support, influence, build relationships and find opportunities to build our business in APAC
- Become part of the Singapore management team responsible for driving office strategies around recruitment, retention and development to ensure the continuous growth of the Singapore global data team
- Act as an advocate for diversity and inclusion through the understanding of Bloomberg's value, truly understanding its importance to our business to achieve
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor's or/and Master's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics, Management
- 1-4 years of demonstrated direct or indirect leadership experience - including but not limited to taking the initiative to lead projects or developing people to achieve in the past 4 years
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of the financial data market landscape
- Experience in Financial Data Management, to ensure operational excellence and consistency, as well as quality and timely delivery of datasets
- Demonstrated experience developing and improving workflow tools and processes in data acquisition, processing and publishing of data
- Demonstrated continuous career growth within an organisation
- Demonstrated fundamental knowledge of Bloomberg data products or the competitive landscape of Financial Data in APAC
- Experience in aligning your department's goals to internal clients, and the ability to build and execute data strategy through a partnership with other internal stakeholders that deliver on that vision
- Shown ability to establish strong credibility to build influential relationships with multiple external clients to spot gaps within our data management process and our product offerings
- Experience in people strategy such as driving office strategies around recruitment, retention and development to ensure the continuous growth
- Shown interest and the ability to learn Commodities and Energy data
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills, allowing you to accurately communicate business needs and requirements and to advocate on behalf of your team
We'd love to see:
- Knowledge in statistical analysis or computer programming is a plus, including but not limited to VBA, SQL, MATLAB, Python, Regex
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps, but in the meantime feel free to browse: https://www.bloomberg.com/professional
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer, please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.