Multi-Asset Index Product Development Specialist
Posted Dec 13, 2021 - Requisition No. 98832
Bloomberg is a leading provider of financial benchmarks and custom index services. We offer an innovative perspective on the traditional world of indexing, providing independent and unbiased indices that are broadly available. With expertise in capital markets, technology, data, pricing, analytics, distribution and research, our indices provide the global investment community with comprehensive solutions to fulfil their benchmarking needs across Fixed Income, Equity, Commodity, Cross-Asset, Crypto, Index-Linked and ESG. We also provide an array of services to clients interested in custom index development, investable index products designed to offer access to systematic strategies (beta, “smart” beta, and alpha), index administration and calculation agent services.
What’s the Role?
You'll be joining a highly motivated and successful Multi-Asset Index team that sits within our Core Financial Product Group. Our Multi-Asset Product Development analysts work on the team responsible for idea generation across our Multi-Asset Index business comprised of Bloomberg’s Equity, Commodity, Currency, Strategy and Alternatives Indices. You will be responsible for developing these ideas and working across functions to turn them into new index products. You will work to create our index story across the diverse asset classes and work with the Bloomberg Index team to meet our clients’ needs on new product development. You will be expected to regularly interact with clients and work closely with our Research and Sales teams in nurturing client relationships and continually advocating new ideas to Bloomberg’s clients.
You’ll adapt your communication style according to your audience and be equally adept at collaborating closely with colleagues across multiple teams as well as presenting to clients and soliciting feedback. You’ll be comfortable in working with large data sets and have a gift in extracting meaningful intelligence to drive innovation and product direction. You’ll also have great interpersonal skills as they are essential in order to effectively collaborate with other internal teams and engage with clients. You’ll be someone with the ability to approach challenges with creativity and enthusiasm; someone who has the courage to take positions advocating change and then deliver.
Regarding domain expertise, you’ll have an interest in index trends, regulation and understanding what our customers need. You’ll also be keen to learn more.
We’ll trust you to:
- Contribute meaningfully to the development and implementation of new indices
- Document complex methodologies and build financial models to back-test and develop indices
- Work closely with Engineering and Production teams to implement and automate indices in a robust and efficient manner, sourcing and mapping data requirements
You’ll need to have:
- +3 years of QIS or index industry experience
- A strong academic background in one of analytical and technical degrees including, but not limited to: Finance, Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Physics, Statistics or Economics
- Hands on product experience, preferably from an index or research background in systematic trading strategies
- A good knowledge of financial markets, securities and derivatives
- Experience in building financial models with Python
- Excellent analytical capabilities working with large data sets, to aid in solving non-routine problems in a timely fashion with keen attention to detail
- Keen attention to detail and a high sense of urgency
- Natural curiosity to learn and ability to constructively question the status quo
- A broad understanding of the index industry including key products, business dynamics and economic drivers
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- A working understanding of regulations on financial indices and day-to-day governance determinations on index events
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: http://www.bloomberg.com/professional
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.