Compliance Officer – Bloomberg Indices & Benchmarks
Posted Dec 15, 2021 - Requisition No. 98963
Bloomberg’s Legal and Compliance Department plays a critical role in supporting our businesses and operations around the world. We move quickly and thoughtfully to help address a variety of complex issues that come with being the world’s leading financial news and information company.
Our team is made of up of talented and hardworking professionals who think creatively and work collaboratively in an open environment to deliver results, drive innovation, and solve difficult problems. Diversity and inclusion are essential to our success, and we strive to maintain an environment where our employees are empowered to make an impact. We also recognize the value and importance of giving back to our communities, as evidenced by our award-winning pro bono program!
We are looking for a person with indices/benchmarks experience to join the EMEA Compliance team in London as a Compliance Officer to support Bloomberg’s Index Services business that offers benchmarks and strategy indices.
What’s the Role?
Within the EMEA Compliance function you will work as part of the Index Compliance team providing support to the Index business, which offers financial benchmarks and strategy indices. The role will have a focus on the European Benchmark Regulation ("BMR"), under which Bloomberg Index Services Limited (“BISL”) is authorised by the FCA as a benchmark administrator. The ideal candidate will have regulatory as well as product knowledge and experience with regards to indices, financial benchmarks and products within the financial markets; be familiar with FCA and European rules and requirements; and be able to implement regulatory compliance policies, governance and controls. Good communication and interpersonal skills are essential, together with the ability to work as part of a team, with a real drive to add value to the firm.
We'll trust you to:
- Provide guidance on and implement controls relating to all applicable FCA rules and BMR requirements
- Implement compliance governance and controls
- Draft, update and review compliance policies in line with regulatory requirements
- Prepare and implement procedures manuals
- Conduct reviews, testing and verification of compliance controls on a regular basis
- Prepare reports for regulatory bodies and internal management
- Identify potential enhancements in processes and play a role in implementing system changes
- Work with the compliance team to draft responses to regulatory enquiries and assist in managing regulatory relationships
- Horizon scanning for regulatory changes and their potential impact on the product and business
- Work alongside the global lead and compliance team to increase the profile of the compliance function within the business
- Provide advisory compliance services to the business
- Develop and streamline new and existing compliance processes
- Act as the second line of defence in a dynamic, forward thinking business
- Keep abreast of jurisdictional changes and challenges throughout Europe, working closely with Legal to determine the impact on the business and products
- Plan, prepare and conduct continuing education for business stakeholders
- As part of the broader compliance team, provide compliance support to the broad range of businesses operated by Bloomberg LP
You'll need to have:
- Familiarity with the financial markets and UK and EU regulatory developments, particularly the BMR
- Working knowledge of indices and financial benchmarks
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to advise on regulatory changes and developments
- Experience in drafting policies, procedures, and manuals, along with preparing reports for regulatory bodies and internal management
- An analytical mind, the ability to solve complex problems and streamline processes
We'd love to see:
- A desire to be part of a team in a dynamic and fast-paced organisation
- Bachelor's Degree
- A track record of working with and advising senior business people on compliance matters
- Working knowledge of product or index production processes
- Experience of identifying and managing risk, including risk framework and issue management
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are. Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.