Senior Fullstack Engineer - Deployment Development Diagnostics
New York, NY
Posted May 16, 2022 - Requisition No. 99121
- Automating controlled release process
- Debugging & diagnosing issues during various stages of release
- Detecting issues (before clients notice!)
- Identifying performance bottlenecks
Our team members are empowered to research and design solutions, gather feedback through RFC’s and choose the appropriate implementation strategy. We use the newest features available in building rich UIs. We take pride in these rich UIs that are discoverable and usable, thanks to our customer focus and collaboration with Bloomberg’s UX team. We also own, develop, and maintain the backend crash event aggregation infrastructure – a distributed backend system consisting of multiple services working together that allows for quick processing of all incoming crash events from various layers of Terminal infrastructure across both client and server. These are critical components to the incident management workflow, clusterization of issues, their categorization, and analytics.
Our tools are also heavily used by the client-facing technical support teams to help diagnose client technical issues and gain insights into the overall landscape of our client environments, so the impact is huge - not just on engineering.
Who you are:
A full-stack engineer with a passion for building applications and improving workflows of your fellow engineers.
We’ll trust you to:
- Take ownership of existing projects
- Collaborate with team members, product owners, and stakeholders from requirements gathering to final rollout
- Learn from and mentor existing and new team members
- Help define the features and integrations that best enable our users to solve problems and get their jobs done.
You'll need to have:
- A passion for direct user engagement with engineers and building tools to improve their workflows
- Experience architecting and building scalable systems and user experience workflows
- Experience and/or interest in building and supporting a breadth of applications
- Strong interpersonal / communication skills
- Experience with building UIs
We'd love to see:
- Knowledge of TypeScript
- Experience with React
- Knowledge of relational databases
We’ll enjoy teaching you these skills if you don’t have them yet.
If this sounds like you, apply!
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.