Sourcing Manager APAC Region, Hong Kong
Posted Dec 22, 2021 - Requisition No. 99142
The Bloomberg Terminal quickly and accurately delivers business and financial information, news and insight around the world to over 315,000 customers worldwide. Our global terminal customers depend on our proprietary high-quality hardware to be able to access our terminal and make critical business decisions. Bloomberg's Global Finance team works with all things (you guessed it) financial! We help business partners with all aspects of Procurement to cash collection, customer billing, revenue recording, vendor invoice processing and payments, regional treasury, and cash funding, indirect tax, capital planning and fixed assets. Global Procurement supports both the strategic sourcing and operational purchasing of goods and services for the organization. What does that mean? We procure and distribute the goods and services that Bloomberg needs to do business. We handle any vendor-related risks and deliver the best customer service in the world.
We understand urgency, work hard, have commercial acumen and are customer service driven. Our clients internally and externally count on us daily. Our team is tight, but our culture is wide open, where we challenge and support each other's creative ideas to remain first-class.
What's the Role?
You are passionate about being part of a Global Department delivering top quality service and advice. Our resourceful and dynamic Procurement Department is looking for a Sourcing Manager to join its APAC HQ based in Hong Kong.
As an Individual Contributor, you will support sourcing for numerous business units. You will build and manage relationships with our internal clients and the vendors who support our exciting and varied requirements across the whole APAC region. You will need to show a good understanding of procurement principles, excellent customer service skills, and an eye for detail. You will be part of the Asia Pacific team supporting multiple internal stakeholders, from a wide spectrum of departments with many and varied needs, in a dynamic and demanding environment.
We'll Trust You To:
- Determine specifications and requirements for products and services through communication with internal stakeholders and the department's strategic plan
- Lead regional sourcing opportunities, including RFPs, direct negotiations, etc., and use market research from internal and external sources to drive sourcing decisions
- Ensure adherence to the policies and thresholds set by the Global Procurement Officer
- Negotiate and implement Contractual agreements in partnership with the internal customer and our Legal department
- Manage the vendor base to ensure that contractual compliance and financial efficiency
- Continuously review with the Sourcing Team Strategic Plans to better serve the company as a whole
- Build strong and lasting relationships with internal clients and the associated vendor base
- Provide support to the rest of the team to make sure we deliver first class customer service
You'll need to have:
- Minimum 10+ years experience in a strategic sourcing role, with hands on exposure on Professional Services and Real Estate - A&A Works, Office Renovation, Facilities, Security and MEP/Infrastructure.
- Education to degree level, CIPS or combination of education and work experience
- Proven experience in the commercial environment with demonstrated ability for complex commercial and contractual negotiations, competitive market analysis, and ongoing supplier performance management/scorecards
- Proven experience in project management
- Regional Sourcing exposure
- Strong contractual knowledge and negotiation skills
- Understanding of and experience in contract law and applicable legislation
- Strong decision-making ability
- Strong stakeholder engagement abilities
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact in a cross-functional environment with all levels of executive management
- Ability to learn new applications relevant to the role
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Excellent Organizational skills and attention to detail
We'd love to see:
- Fluency in Cantonese and Mandarin
- Knowledge of international trade terms
- Knowledge of Regulatory/Compliance contracting
- SAP or another ERP system's knowledge
- Bloomberg Terminal knowledge
- CPP / CIPS / CPM
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity of thought and perspective in every form. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
As Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer, please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.