Global Data - Battery Manufacturing and Energy Storage Data Analyst
Posted Dec 23, 2021 - Requisition No. 99175
As a Data Analyst on Bloomberg's Commodities & Energy Global Data team, you'll help grow Bloomberg's Battery Manufacturing and Energy Storage database to deliver further an industry-leading data product offering. You'll work in a hands-on and creative role by utilizing your technical and subject matter expertise. You'll collaborate closely with our BloombergNEF team in Asia and globally. You'll gain firsthand exposure to the Battery Manufacturing and Energy Storage market, as well as key players in the industry.
We'll trust you to:
- Utilize a variety of software solutions to extract and rationalize data to Bloomberg taxonomies
- Provide in-depth customer support to users of Bloomberg products by resolving inquiries promptly
- Implement business rules for programmatic data validation by codifying market conventions and data relationships
- Design and manage workflow configurations for critical functions such as acquisition, worklist management, and quality control
- Build subject matter expertise and technical skills to generate premium content, including data-driven news stories
- Analyze internal processes to identify opportunities for improvement, as well as ideate and implement innovative solutions
- Lead ad-hoc projects to optimize processes and improve the quality of the data set
- Utilize statistics and data visualization skills to report on results of ongoing operations and projects, as required
- Partner with a wide variety of stakeholders from Engineering to Sales on product development
You’ll need to have:
- Strong passion for data, technology and the overall energy transition movement, related to the industry sectors relevant to this role
- Proficiency in one or more technical tools such as Python, SQL, and demonstrated through work and project experience
- Fluency in English and Chinese (both written and verbal) with excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to think creatively and provide out of the box solutions with an eagerness to learn and collaborate
- Adaptability in a frequently changing environment and growing market
We’d love to see:
- Experience in information technology, engineering, finance, data analysis or research
- Knowledge of or professional experience in lithium-ion battery manufacturing, electronics engineering or supply chain analysis.
- Established presence in virtual development communities such as GitHub, Stack Overflow and HackerRank
- Experience using data visualization tools such as Tableau, QlikSense or Splunk
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we’re a good match. We’ll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps but in the meantime feel free to browse this: http://www.bloomberg.com/professional
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer, please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing email@example.com.