Private Equity Data Specialist - Hong Kong
Posted Jan 3, 2022 - Requisition No. 99244
Bloomberg runs on data, and in the Global Data team we're responsible for acquiring it and providing it to our clients. We collect, analyse, process and publish the data which is the backbone of our iconic Bloomberg Terminal - the facts and figures which ultimately move the financial markets. We apply problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies, and we implement technology solutions to enhance our systems, products and processes - and all this while providing platinum customer support to our clients.
As a Data Specialist on Bloomberg's Private Equity Data team, you'll help grow Bloomberg's Private Equity Database in a hands on and creative role working on our Private Equity team in Hong Kong. You'll gain firsthand exposure to the private equity market, alternative investing, and data analysis as you work alongside members of the Private Equity Data Team, Bloomberg Sales, and News to deliver content to the market.
We'll trust you to:
- Research the global private equity industry to stay on top of trends, source new data, and help drive product developments
- Serve as a subject matter expert to technical partners to drive product vision and innovate across Bloomberg's alternative investments offering
- Speak with private equity firms in the industry to onboard data to Bloomberg's Private Equity Database and drive Terminal adoption
- Work with Bloomberg Sales and News teams to showcase new content and analyses derived from Bloomberg's Private Equity Database to current and potential clients
You'll need to have:
- BA/BS in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics, Political Science
- Minimum 2-4 years experience working within the asset management, alternative investment, or market data industries
- Excellent written, communication, and presentation skills
- Strong organization skills with ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience in a client-facing role
- Exposure to and interest in data products and workflows
We'd love to see:
- Experience in private markets, ideally at a market data provider or private equity firm
- Experience working with vendor-driven workflows, flexible resources, middle or back office for a buy-side firm
- Interest in information technology and data analysis (for example knowledge of SQL, Python)
- Previous work experience with the Bloomberg Terminal
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps, but in the meantime feel free to browse: https://www.bloomberg.com/professional
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer, please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.