Broadcast Copy Editor APAC - Hong Kong
Posted Jan 4, 2022 - Requisition No. 99261
At Bloomberg Television, we deliver business news, insights and analysis to more than 360 million homes worldwide.
What's the role?
We are looking for an experienced copy editor to join our team in our Asia headquarters, Hong Kong. Everyday our audience turns to us to bring them data, insight and analysis to give them a competitive edge. As a copy editor, you will be quality control of our fast-paced live programming from across Asia and the Middle East, as well as assisting with other coverage for our global network. You should be passionate about financial markets, data-driven journalism, breaking news and be an excellent communicator. Besides having a creative streak, we also need you to demonstrate strong editorial judgement, organisational skills and have keen attention to detail.
We’ll trust you to:
- Copy edit across 8 hours of live programming and keep track of deadlines
- Write for our global news bulletin
- Work closely with reporters and producers on their stories
- Collaborate with the production team on feature segments
- Troubleshoot any workflow issues.
You'll need to have:
- At least five years of TV production and/or journalism experience
- Experience in broadcast writing and editing
- Experience producing graphics for TV
- Sound knowledge of business and the Asian region
We would love to see:
Knowledge of the region's business environment and financial markets is an advantage
Experience in field work or long-form programmes would also be a plus
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps, but in the meantime feel free to browse: https://www.bloomberg.com/professional
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer, please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing access2@bloomberg.