Turkey Economy Reporter
Cankaya - Ankara
Posted Jan 6, 2022 - Requisition No. 99332
Bloomberg News is seeking an experienced reporter to cover economic news in Turkey, one of the world's most fascinating and challenging economy beats. The candidate will report and write about policy-making institutions including the central bank and Treasury and Finance Ministry -- and how their decisions affect markets and shape the country's political and business landscapes.
The role requires newsgathering from Turkish officials and economic institutions, developing sources, breaking news, preparing for and covering economic data releases, quickly writing spot news and analysis for Bloomberg's global audience, and producing or contributing to deeply reported enterprise.
The successful candidate will join our team in Ankara and work with colleagues in Turkey and abroad, connecting economic policy to markets, finance, government and business. Candidates should be accustomed to producing clear spot news stories under real-time deadline pressure, able to write comprehensive enterprise pieces and have a record of breaking important stories.
This high-profile job involves travel and sometimes unpredictable working hours.
- Experience with economics coverage and in a real-time news environment.
- An ability to read and interpret economic data and statistics.
- Strong desire to source and build a network, with an aim to write exclusive news and analysis.
- A strong news drive and the ability to work under daily deadline pressure.
- Eagerness to collaborate with teams and departments across the newsroom.
- Understanding of Turkey, its history, political landscape and institutions is essential.
- Fluency in Turkish is required.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or email@example.com