Senior Data Analyst - ETL Pipelining
New York, NY
Posted Jan 11, 2022 - Requisition No. 99460
At Bloomberg, our products are fueled by powerful information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients, around the clock – from around the world. In the Global Data department, we’re responsible for delivering this data, news, and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately.
A Senior Data Analyst leverages knowledge of the financial markets, understanding of clients’ needs, and demonstrated technical expertise to enhance our data products by generating premium content. They also play a key role in optimizing workflow solutions to improve automation and internal operations and improve the quality of our data sets. They have strong working relationships with other data teams and departments such as Engineering and utilize this network to achieve results. As a leader in the organization, they also train and mentor others and are trusted to deploy code to production.
We’re looking to hire qualified professionals into our Non-Securitized Data Team. This team sits under our Global Data umbrella and works closely with engineering to onboard high priority datasets and create meaningful data solutions for our clients.
We’ll trust you to:
- Design data models: Choose optimal data solutions and design flexible schemas for our data to ultimately improve the way clients interact with and analyze fundamental datasets
- Productionize data pipelines: Identify opportunities and build robust automated solutions for data standardization, ETL pipelines, and human-in-the-loop data processing
- Ensure quality: Design, develop, and deploy data quality validations written in Python to drive quality improvements and standards across the team, improving areas such as accuracy, completeness, consistency, reliability and more
- Drive innovation: Draw on your knowledge of scripting and programming to scale and standardize pipelining across our team and the department, always identifying improvements to current workflows
- Achieve your purpose: Optimize processes, lead projects, and improve the quality of the products sought by internal and external end-users
You’ll need to have:
- A BA/BS degree or higher in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, a relevant data technology field, or equivalent professional work experience in software development, data engineering, data science or information technology
- 2+ years of programming and scripting experience in a Python production environment
- Strong foundation in data modeling, SQL & NoSQL database systems
- Proficiency with git, unix, python ecosystem, web services and API usage
- Consistent track record of using technology to innovate data products and processes
- Familiarity with statistical modeling and machine learning methods to solve real world problems
- Legal authorization to work full-time in the United States and will not require visa sponsorship now or in the future
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.