Strategy & Operations Associate
New York, NY
Posted Jan 12, 2022 - Requisition No. 99503
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. We work hard, and we work fast — while keeping up the creativity and entrepreneurialism we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing all the time.
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning television, digital, magazine, radio and live event platforms across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is growing its global footprint and reach through new innovations from Bloomberg Quicktake to the New Economy Forum to our rapidly growing consumer subscription business.
Our corporate strategy team works closely with the CEO of Bloomberg Media and other senior leaders to define strategy, drive execution, turn innovative ideas into reality, and improve operations. Leaders look to the team for long-term projects, and for fast, smart solutions to day-to-day issues that arise in running a leading global media business. We’re looking for an ambitious, adaptable, media-savvy individual who will report to the Head of Corporate Strategy. In this role, you will lead projects, collaborate with everyone from junior team members to the CEO, and help us build the future of media.
WE’LL TRUST YOU TO:
- Serve as a strategic consultant and trusted advisor for leaders across Bloomberg Media
- Evaluate growth opportunities for Bloomberg Media
- Independently drive strategy and operational improvement projects across all stages, from conception to completion
- Help us build our competitive intelligence and quantitative research capabilities and focus the organization on the most important dynamics and customer needs shaping the media marketplace
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative research and analysis on the most pressing issues facing our business and present the results to senior leaders, including the CEO
- Drive operational improvements by working with business leaders to execute on our priorities
- Build a network across Bloomberg Media and Bloomberg LP so you can get things done
- Work with the Head of Corporate Strategy (who also serves as the CEO’s chief of staff) to manage the day-to-day operations of the CEO’s office
YOU’LL NEED TO HAVE:
- 2+ years of pre-MBA experience at a management consulting firm or in a corporate strategy
- A strong record of achievement and impact in your past professional and educational endeavors
- Experience in strategy formulation, Excel modeling, and competitive and customer research
- Experience conductive qualitative and quantitative research and analysis in order to solve business problems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, especially the ability to build clear presentations for an executive-level audience
- A track record of establishing relationships and trust among team members at all levels of organizations, from senior executives to junior colleagues
- A willingness and ability to adapt to changing circumstances and business needs
- Ability to work across diverse, global teams
- Dependability. We will count on you to do what you say you’re going to do
- Ideas and opinions about the future of the businesses and mediums in which we compete: digital business news, television, radio, live events, consumer subscriptions
- Experience in or passion for the media industry (maybe you have professional experience or maybe you just consume a lot of media, news or otherwise)
WE’D LOVE TO SEE:
- Experience conducting deep primary and secondary research (e.g. on private equity due diligences as a consultant)
Does this sound like you?
Apply! If we believe you’re a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.