Media Sales Manager - Tokyo
Posted Jan 14, 2022 - Requisition No. 99569
Bloomberg Media makes global business leaders smarter and faster with breaking news, expert opinions and proprietary data that are all delivered on every platform, across every time zone. Our business is what drives us and we want to find a passionate and proactive sales-minded person to join our APAC team based in Tokyo. We love people who are creative, driven with ideas and able to think out of the box. The individual will be responsible for managing all aspects of advertising sales across digital, TV, print and mobile platforms. You will have the opportunity to work cross-functionally with our multimedia team on large integrated advertising and marketing programs to maximize revenue and return on investment for our clients.
We will trust you to:
- Present compelling pitches and proposals to deliver the sales revenue target for the assigned geographic territories
- Identity prospects within the region to develop new business relationships and opportunities
- Manage relationships and sales activity with key clients / agencies, coordinating multiple resources to close sales and deliver campaigns
- Engage with colleagues in international offices to exchange ideas, share information and update account information
- Provide regular sales updates and forecasts to your Line Manager on current revenue and sales pipeline - using Salesforce on a daily basis as a CRM tool.
- Develop a strong relationship with our existing partners for the Bloomberg business in the market and manage these key client relationships to achieve the best results for the business
- Develop new ideas and uncover market intelligence across the region for Bloomberg Media sales and stakeholders
You'll need to have:
- 5+ years ad sales experience in print/digital/TV/social/event
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in both English and Japanese
- Ability to demonstrate initiative, resourcefulness and proven experience managing multiple assignments under various deadlines
- Ability to work in a fast paced, team environment
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit and instinct for revenue-generating activities
- Experience in putting together creative marketing solutions for prospective advertisers
We'd love to see:
- In-depth knowledge of and experience working in the Japan media industry
- A strong track record of new business development at the client level
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know the next steps but in the meantime feel free to browse this: https://www.bloomberg.com/professional
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity of thought and perspective in every form. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
As Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer, please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.