ESG Quantitative Researcher, Enterprise Products
New York, NY
Posted Jan 14, 2022 - Requisition No. 99597
Bloomberg's Index and ESG Quant Research supports various products that serve a global asset owner and asset manager client base. The group is currently looking to expand the ESG team to support continued growth of our ESG scores and associated data-intensive sustainability products.
We are seeking a quantitative researcher to further develop the firm’s ESG scoring model and related products. Ideally, the successful candidate will be passionate about the opportunities to develop models for sustainable finance and foster further commercial opportunities.
- Develop proprietary methodology for producing ESG scores across multiple themes and sectors
- Communicate clearly through face-to-face meetings, presentations and written publications
- Perform literature reviews and keep apprised of ESG-related standards and research
- Collaborate with analysts, data and production implementation teams
- Propose and substantiate new research ideas
The candidate should demonstrate expertise in quantitative analysis techniques, including knowledge and experience with a range of data sources and statistical analysis. The candidate should be able to explain results and model features to non-technical audiences. Additionally, the candidate should have either the knowledge or ability to learn research related to sustainable finance and investing.
Minimum qualifications include:
- Master's degree in quantitative field such as Statistics, Economics, -Mathematics, Engineering or Quantitative Finance, or commensurate industry experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- 3+ years of previous business experience that includes
- Implementing statistical or quantitative models in Python
- Cross-team collaboration and client interaction
- ESG experience is strongly desired
Exposure to one or both of the following areas is a plus:
- Factor models and portfolio optimization
- Fundamental financial analysis and corporate valuation