Product Analyst - Fixed Income Benchmarks
New York, NY
Posted Jan 20, 2022 - Requisition No. 99744
Bloomberg is a leading provider of financial benchmarks and custom index services. Bloomberg Fixed Income indices have been the market leading index provider for over forty years, and are used as the basis of investment products and for benchmarking portfolio performance. The Bloomberg terminal and Bloomberg media enable the global investment community to interact with Bloomberg indices.
What’s the role?
Bloomberg is looking for a person to join its US based product team for its market leading fixed income index business. You'll be part of an established and highly motivated index product team that sits within our Core Financial Product division. You will focus on the governance, construction, support and commercialization of Fixed Income indices, product positioning, and helping drive the commercial success of the business. You will be responsible for supporting, developing, and maintaining client relationships. You will work closely with Sales, Research, Production, Marketing, PR teams. You’ll help drive the integration of the Fixed Income indices with Bloomberg terminal analytics that will create new opportunities across two market leading brands in the industry.
Regarding domain expertise, it is preferred that you have at least five years of experience working within the fixed income financial markets and with fixed income indices. Experience working at an index provider is preferred but not required. You’ll have knowledge of fixed income, across both analytics and asset classes, index construction, the index industry, and the asset management industry.
You’ll be encouraged to offer ideas to help set the course for our US product vision, contribute to the global vision, and then execute on various aspects of that vision. You’ll be comfortable in working with large data sets and have a talent for extracting meaningful intelligence to drive innovation and product direction. You’ll also have great interpersonal skills. You’ll be someone with the ability to approach challenges with creativity and enthusiasm; someone who has the courage to take positions advocating change and then deliver.
We’ll trust you to:
- Be a key part of growing our leading position as a fixed income index provider in the US
- Support our index business across portfolio management, risk and attribution, and product development teams
- Play a key role in the evolution of the fixed income family
- Develop new ETF and customised benchmarks,
- Contribute meaningfully to the analysis, evaluation, and product vision of the index product offering
- Assess client needs and translate them into index-based solutions
You’ll need to have:
- 5 years of index industry, or equivalent, experience
- A strong academic background in analytical/technical qualifications (e.g., Finance, Engineering, Computer Science, Math, or Statistics)
- Knowledge of fixed income data (e.g., asset classes, analytics, and classifications), fixed income markets and the fixed income index industry
- Ability to develop detailed knowledge of the entire index suite
- Ability to develop thorough, integrated, commercially sound product plans
- A highly numerate skillset, with excellent analytical capabilities working on bond and index analytics
- Understanding of investment process, portfolio theory, and financial markets
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, capable of building enthusiastic support for new ideas
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.